dia de los muertosIf you’ve ever so much as taken a Spanish class, you are well-aware of Dia de los Muertos, also known as the Day of the Dead. The Mexican holiday celebrates those who have passed on, every year, on Nov. 1 and 2. That means those of you suffering from post-Halloween blues have an excuse to celebrate for a couple of extra days.

Festivities for Dia de los Muertos will be held at the Gourmet Ghetto Wednesday from 5-9 p.m. on Shattuck Avenue. Among other things the event will have: face painting, a beer and wine stand, a community altar and craft stalls. Specifically, there will be henna skin paintings (although we’re pretty sure this is Indian, not Mexican) and a custom screen-printing station. Additionally, there will be a  mariachi band and a Berkeley High dance group performing for some live entertainment.

The Gourmet Ghetto restaurants hope to fit the theme of the day and are offering menu items such as “creepy crepes” and “one-eyed monster pizza.” The organizer of the event promises that they will be going “all out” for the spooky holiday.

Image source: california cowgirl1 under Creative Commons
Berkeley ramps up Dia de los Muertos celebrations [Berkeleyside]

cheap online clothing store said:
Feb 22, 2012 at 11:45 pm

cartoon sd

Spil gratis said:

Paul, surely you know by now that markets do not behave perfectly rationally. Oil speculators know that oil prices are supposed to rise when news that threatens the stability of a commodity occurs. Of course, being quick to raise prices is good for profits, especially if everyone develops lighting-fast reflexes. Being slow to lower prices is good for profits, especially if everyone is slow to lower prices. Being hyper-sensitive to “bad news” is good for profits, especially if everyone is hyper-sensitive to bad news. So, unsurprisingly, that is how everyone acts.

Very well-written article. Your blog is inspirational and educational. It always gives me and my friends a different view point to discuss.

Celestyn Sawicki said:

Yong_Eary75 said:

Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone! http://goalarticles.info/helpful-tips-for-garage-door-repair-houston.html – Houston garage door repair