So, remember back a few weeks ago when we invited you all to send us pictures of your best Halloween decorations and pumpkin masterpieces? Well, we did. We also picked out a few of our favorites, and thought you might like to see ’em, too.

oski pumpkin 1

oski pumpkin 2

This pumpkin (pictured, right), carved by freshman Amanda Burke, caught our attention pretty quickly (we’re sure you can see why).

The artist gets mad props for venturing away from tradition and letting school spirit cover that orange canvas. We couldn’t help but be impressed by Burke’s technique: Oski’s face is partially carved and partially shaved, creating a variety of really cool glow effects when placed in its natural habitat — the dark!

Go Bears, and go Amanda, for carving a truly legit pumpkin! Reward yourself by eating some of those totally addictive mini-Snickers.

sad rabbit

For taking the classic jack-o-lantern and giving it a fresh face, we’d like to congratulate Lauren Leinweber, a sophomore and social welfare major here at Berkeley. She created her “Sad Rabbit” pumpkin (pictured, left) at a carving party with Cal Band Percussion.

It’s a true tour de force, and we at the Clog would like to encourage viewers to appreciate the sheer precision Leinweber must possess: Just look at those curving eyelashes — that can’t have been easy! When asked about the inspiration for her work, the artist responded, “I chose a rabbit because I just really love animals and lament the fact that I cannot have any in my apartment.” We feel you, Lauren.

P1030960

The Clog couldn’t help but try our own hands at pumpkin carving, so we shelled out a few bucks, bought a gourd and hacked away at it for a couple of hours with some adventurous friends. And that’s how it all went down.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Image sources (from top): Amanda Burke, courtesy; Lauren Leinweber, courtesy; Jillian Wertheim, Daily Cal

cpabeyond said:

Thanks for your whole efforts on this website. Kim take interest in participating in investigations and it’s easy to see why. My spouse and i notice all relating to the lively ways you offer worthwhile items on this blog and even strongly encourage participation from people on the concern then our favorite child is actually learning a great deal. Have fun with the remaining portion of the new year. You have been doing a superb job.

Dalton Clenney said:

I’m a extended time watcher and I just considered I’d drop by and say hi there for the extremely initially time.

how to treat scalp acne said:

You just gotta love this idea. I wrote a similar post and got a a lot amount of feedback. It is a rare post that is both fascinating and informative.

ASP.Net Interview Questions said:

greate content , good writing skills , how any one can’t post the comment.

Wojtek Jabłoński said:

I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up.

a2213567 said:

I’ve said that least 2213567 times. SKC was here…