oskiAs all of you should know, something very important is happening this week. No, not that, you silly, the big Cal vs. Stanford game!

Now, plenty of things have been happening around campus in preparation for this epic game. Pretty lights, protests, bonfire rallies and the works! But in spite of all these elements in typical school rivalries, what is always a constant? That’s right, mascots!

Despite being technically extinct, Oski Bear’s presence is felt nearly everywhere at important Cal events. He’s there to cheer our football team. He’s at the parades. He hugs children and incoming students alike on Cal Day. But did you know an engineer started it all? Berkeley’s “Engineering News” says, “Before Rockwell’s arrival, the California Golden Bears used live ursine mascots with predictably unpredictable results.” Live mascots you say? What would PETA have to say about that?

Choosing mascots is a serious business, and you can easily tell how important they are to the success of any team. Just go to a football game!

Anywho, make sure to cheer on Oski and the team for Big Game this Saturday! Oh, and for the record, Stanford doesn’t have an official mascot, but, if you look carefully, you might see a tree. No really, we’re serious.

Image source: elcapitan79 under Creative Commons

Harriett Maurus said:
Jan 4, 2012 at 11:38 pm

No investigat-ion of any of these fraudulent activities and scandals the Occupiers are protesting-.Cheap swtor credits

muhabbet said:

It is actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

pomoc drogowa poznań said:

Your site is very very good, i actually liked the content which you wrote, nonetheless it i did want some extra information for the reason that i didnt absolutely realize the conclude.

Rościsław Gorski said:

burn fat said:

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?