Not too long ago, the Clog traveled to Durham, N. Car., home to Duke University. We must say that we were extremely underwhelmed with their OccupyDSC02641 movement. And by their Occupy movement we mean their (essentially) lack thereof.

But that’s no surprise to anyone here. After all, if Duke students turned out to Occupy, they’d really be occupying themselves. The 1 percent preppies protesting the 1 percent would be equivalent to Jay-Z’s attempt to profit from the populist movement.

And for those Blue Devils who are part of the 99 percent, we really mean no offense. Perhaps all this Occupy Duke patronization is stemming from a deeper antagonism towards your basketball team.

Now the Clog must admit that it never actually got to step foot on campus during it’s weekend trip to NC, but we were able to engage with various Duke students, all of whom were boasting of the wonderful Occupy Duke cause.

“We even have our own campus movement here!” one of them told us proudly. Another Blue Devil condescendingly wondered aloud if any other college campuses were so devoted to occupying.

Bitch, please.

Here is a picture of Occupy Cal:

And if you click on this link here, you’ll find a picture of Occupy Duke.

Need we say more?

Furthermore, the city of Durham itself (for some reason extremely obsessed with bulls and bulls’ balls) was, to sum it up in three words, quiet, quaint and empty. The Bank of Americas in Berkeley haven’t seen peace in weeks. When the Clog took an afternoon walk around Durham, we were very disappointed to see the lack of a movement. Perhaps we were just strolling around the 1 percent part of town, or perhaps East Coast towns just aren’t as hipster as us.

The one thing Durham was good for though, was amazing chicken and waffles.

Fried goodness only the South can make

Fried goodness only the South can make

But to the Occupy Duke folks bravely duking it out over there, we’re sure the Occupy Cal movements support your valiant and admirable efforts.

Best of luck.

Image source (all): Lynn Yu, Daily Cal

the cristallo said:

I liked up to you will obtain carried out proper here. The caricature is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be turning in the following. sick without a doubt come more beforehand once more since precisely the same just about very incessantly inside case you protect this hike.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

It’s very infrequently I read much online content, but I found your article very informative and interesting from the start. You mention good points and keep things interesting. Thank you. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

secrets to dog training, dog leash training,dog leash training tips,dog leashes,dog off leashtraining,pitbull leash training,dog training, leash training,puppy leash training,dog collar training,dog training tricks,dog potty training,the dog whisperer,pup said:

I’ve been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i am satisfied to convey that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make certain to don?t disregard this site and give it a glance regularly.

Wow, what a blog! I mean, you just have so much guts to go ahead and tell it like it is. Youre what blogging needs, an open minded superhero who isnt afraid to tell it like it is. This is definitely something people need to be up on. Good luck in the future, man

Alysa Tak said:

I agree with your thought.Thank you for your sharing.

Radomił Kowalczyk said:

I entirely like this article! If it’s not too much trouble write more posts.

I've said:

Really worthwhile article. Spend awareness