5612169192_64005ff625Unlike the last movie star who showed his face ‘round these parts, Latin American actor and producer Diego Luna is probably not going to draw the same massive crowd of hysterical young women. Which in all honestly is probably a good thing, seeing as how some of you ladies (and gentleman, since we don’t want hate mail showering Eshleman) seem to be unaware that deafening, maniacal shrieking isn’t flattering … it’s weird. Very, very weird. And scary, quite frankly.

Luna – star of the classic Mexican coming of age film “Y Tu Mama Tambien,” co-star of the Oscar winning biographical film “Milk” and (more importantly) boyfriend of Katy Perry in her new video “The One That Got Away” – will be presenting a screening of “Miss Bala,” a critically acclaimed film which he co-produced. In a really bland nut shell, “Miss Bala” is a thrilling story of a beauty pageant contestant who gets caught in the middle of a Mexican drug war.

After the film, Luna will talk art and social change in a Q&A session that you may still submit questions for.

The free screening takes place tonight at Wheeler Hall. Tickets will be available at the door on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 5 p.m. today. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Image source: tai_frenchcoffee under Creative Commons
“Miss Bala” With Producer Diego Luna [CLAS]

Octavio Armstrong said:

“I had to refresh the page times to view this page for some reason, however, the info here was worth the wait.”

Stanisław Jabłoński said: