Ahh, consumerism.

Ahh, consumerism.

There are artists that are so prolific that everyone knows their names. Andy Warhol is definitely a member of this elite circle. If you are a fan of Warhol’s work or simply curious about him, the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) will show an exhibition entitled “Andy Warhol: Polaroids/MATRIX 240”  beginning on Friday, Jan. 27 that will display select Polaroids taken by Warhol (gifted by the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts) that often became a basis for his artwork. If you want to join in on some extra festivities, there will also be a celebration of the exhibition’s opening on Friday, Feb. 3 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The event will include free Cheese Board pizza, a gallery chat with Director Larry Rinder and Co-Curators Stephanie Cannizzo and Fabian Leyva-Barragan, as well as a screening of Warhol’s experimental film, “VINYL”.

Of course, it may be that rather than photography or pop art, cinema is your true art love. In that case, Professor Marilyn Fabe is offering a course entitled “Film 50: History of Cinema Film and the Other Arts” that is open to the public as well as students. The class will study films that incorporate other art forms such as painting or literature. Lecture is every Wednesday at 3:10 p.m. at the Pacific Film Archive Theater on 2575 Bancroft Way. Tickets are $11.50 (general admission), $7.50 (BAM/PFA members), $5.50 (UCB students) or $8.50 (seniors, UCB faculty/staff, non-UCB students, youth under 17 of age).

Wherever your interests may lie, take advantage of the BAM/PFA’s events and revel in the arts! The imagination is a beautiful thing and offers a secondary world that is quite enchanting.

Image source: dalcrose under Creative Commons

trx suspension training said:

I agree there are risks to the economy. Flooding a few large banks and insurance companies with hundreds of billions in liquidity is a very bad strategy.

iphone 3gs unlock said:

Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.

Włodek Wieczorek said:

buy cheap backlinks said:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

trx suspension training said:

I believe that over the long term inflation will ne a problem but over the short term it appears that deflation is a bigger issue.

long feather earrings said:

Thank you a tremendous post, would read your particular others content. thanks for your thoughts for this, I felt a lttle bit strike by this article. Thanks again! You wanna make a great aspect. Has fantastic report here. I feel if a greater number of people consideration for it that way, they’d have a better time have the hold ofing the issue.

Talia Longoria said:

I used to be very happy to search out this internet-site.I needed to thanks in your time for this excellent read!! I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

Rhett Tinstman said:

My wife and i felt delighted when Louis could finish up his preliminary research with the precious recommendations he came across when using the web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to simply always be giving away ideas which usually some other people have been trying to sell. And we understand we have got the writer to thank for this. The specific illustrations you made, the easy web site menu, the relationships you can make it easier to foster – it is all amazing, and it is facilitating our son in addition to us feel that that subject matter is enjoyable, and that’s wonderfully essential. Many thanks for all the pieces!

McFarlane Military said:

I’m impressed, I have to say. Actually rarely do I encounter a weblog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you could have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the difficulty is something that not enough persons are speaking intelligently about. I’m very pleased that I stumbled across this in my seek for something regarding this.

postcard printing online design said:
May 5, 2012 at 9:55 am

be disciplined, staying productive, etc.for new bloggers,…

tip#1 above-writing every day- is how you begin to discover what you can create that will be considered useful information to new readers. your free info product will naturally develop as you write more posts. in this daily post-writing, your interests…

isos said:

The next time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my option to read, however I actually thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you possibly can fix should you werent too busy on the lookout for attention.

ONLINE FILMY said:
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:09 am

Well I must say i enjoyed reading through it. This content procured by simply you is incredibly practical regarding proper organizing.