Growing tired of looking at the same ol’ Lower Sproul? We are, too not really but we got some good news and some bad news.

Right, bad news first. According to the architects that finally got the green light to renovate a Lower Sproul built in the 1960s, the new Lower Sproul, filled with a bunch of new perks, will be expected to finish in summer 2015. Sorry, class of 2015, no new Lower Sproul for you (unless you’re going to be a super senior)!

The good news: the renovated Lower Sproul looks fantastic. Here are some cool additions to Lower Sproul we thought were worth mentioning.

lowersproul800-2

Check out that glass! Makes looking at random strangers much easier.

eshleman800

A brand new Eshleman Hall complete with a sleek redesign and more space for student groups?
Yes, please.

lowersproul800-1A new addition the the MLK building: glass! Er … we mean a new student cafe/lounge area!
The glass looks really pretty. Plus, it’s going to be connected to Eshleman.

The Clog is excited for the new Lower Sproul, and we hope you are, too. If you didn’t know before, Eshleman Hall is home for the Daily Clog. We know what you’re thinking: what about when they demolish Eshleman to make way for the new one? Fret not! The Clog will continue to provide you the content you’ve come to enjoy.

For updates on the renovation, check the B.E.A.R.S. initiative website.

A new Lower Sproul, long a dream, is taking shape [UC Berkeley News Center]
Image sources: UC Berkeley News Center

Posted in: Sandbox
Tags:,
Comments (3)
Print This Post Print This Post

emu360v1.4.rar said:

Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and I find It really useful and it helped me out a lot. I’m hoping to provide something again and aid others like you helped me.

Hopefully the results will be meaningful, sometimes we have to share many resources to gain better understanding.

Izaak Dąbrowski said: