For those who are still planning for Valentine’s Day celebrations, what’s a better way to enjoy the holiday than treating your date to a nice dinner?  Heck, even if you’re single, Valentine’s Day is a good excuse to go out with friends and treat yourself to an indulgent (and probably expensive) meal. There’s nothing better than scouting out good eats with your loved ones.

Of course, there are plenty of delicious restaurants in the Berkeley area to choose from. Below are some suggestions from us to consider when planning your night out. These restaurants have the food and ambiance that’s suitable for Valentine’s Day and as a plus, they are close to campus – we understand the plight of the car-deprived. Here is the list:

Angeline

Angeline’s Louisiana Kitchen: 2261 Shattuck Avenue

Angeline’s is a homely restaurant that focuses on cuisine from Louisiana. Their menu features some rich dishes that will send you and your date into a warm food coma right after dinner such as jambalaya, buttermilk fried chicken and baked mac n’ cheese. Angeline’s will also be offering the following special dishes on Valentine’s Day: pan-seared pork belly, roasted red pepper and Dungeness crab Soup, grilled sweet-tea brined pork chops and strawberry cornbread shortcake. Price-wise, Angeline’s is good for the quality of food you’re getting- entrees cost between $13 and $16. Not bad for a good Southern meal.

Liaison

Bistro Liaison: 1849 Shattuck Ave.

It’s not Valentine’s Day without sophisticated French food, we say! Bistro Liaison offers a variety of French/European dishes including bouillabaisse, tarte flambée, les moules. Liaison is also offering quite an extensive Valentine’s Day menu, in which you can choose from a variety of options and ‘create’ your own four-course meal for $60 per person. Fancy, yes, but there is just something nice about image of having an elegant evening out, eating Jarret d’ Agneau with your date and listening to the live cabaret music in the background. It’s like a romance movie scenario came true!

Gather

Gather: 2200 Oxford Street

Gather is an excellent choice for vegetarians, offering a variety of acclaimed vegetarian dishes (that vegan charcuterie sounds amazing) with an emphasis on fresh and organic ingredients. The meat-lover shouldn’t write off this restaurant, however, as they also offer meat and fish dishes such as whole roasted petrale sole and grilled half chicken. Gather will also be offering a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner in which you can choose from a selection of various vegan and omnivore dishes for $75 per person. The food should be worth the price, however, as Gather has gotten praise from publications such as Food & Wine and Esquire.

Chaam

Cha-Am Thai Restaurant: 1543 Shattuck Avenue

For those who want to celebrate their Valentine’s Day with delicious Thai cuisine, Cha-Am is an excellent location. Their menu runs the whole gamut, offering seafood, curry, vegetarian, and meat dishes. Their prices are also quite reasonable, with entrees starting at $9, a good break from the more fancy places listed above. The best feature about Cha-Am, aside from the delicious food of course, is the beautiful decoration and atmosphere surrounding the restaurant. Cha-Am is high on the second floor of a building, and it’s nice to walk up the stairs and see the dangling lights hanging from the wooden balcony. Try to get seats next to the window; gazing out into the dark sky while the soft-lighting of the restaurant accentuates the night-time ambience makes Cha-Am a charming place to dine at.

Well, we hope this list helps you out for your Valentine’s celebration. Or at the very least gives you some cool places to eat at some other time. Whatever is the case, get those reservations ready!

Image source: Deborah Lee, Daily Cal

link building services delhi said:

Thanks for discussing your ideas in this article. The other matter is that any time a problem arises with a laptop motherboard, persons should not go ahead and take risk regarding repairing that themselves because if it is not done correctly it can lead to permanent damage to all the laptop. In most cases, it is safe just to approach the dealer of that laptop for that repair of its motherboard. They’ve got technicians that have an knowledge in dealing with laptop motherboard complications and can make the right prognosis and conduct repairs.

max mara eyewear said:

Hi, i found your blog via aol. it’s very great. i will come back again. thank you

Palmer Stitt said:

Spot on with this write-up, I really assume this website wants way more consideration. I’ll probably be once more to read rather more, thanks for that info.

puchatek said:

More and better off you writing articles. I read probably the first and comparing with that.

dot net Interview Questions said:

Thanks for developing this blog which is usefull to all of us.

dicci said:

[...] Discover what’s the deal with “pingbacks”!. According to Wikipedia, WP supports “automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published.” That explains why I get messages about “new comments” when posting an edit that cross-references another post of my own. Info on trackbacks and pingbacks in WP here. [...]

Mateusz Czerwinski said:

insurance quotes ontario free said:

who has the lowest price 10 year life insuance prices right now? I’m a 23 yr/old man, I dont smoke and I’m male.

Nike Dunk Hi Skinny Sequin Golden said:

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Angle Reos said:

I actually wanted to make a comment to say thanks to you for the lovely ideas you are giving here. My time consuming internet investigation has now been paid with good quality knowledge to share with my family. I ‘d express that most of us readers actually are very endowed to be in a fine network with many special people with beneficial secrets. I feel really happy to have encountered your entire web pages and look forward to plenty of more cool times reading here. Thanks once again for all the details.

here said:

Thank you a tremendous put up, would see your personal others posts. i appreciate your ideas with this, I soon became a lttle bit strike by this article. Merit again! You earn a great moment. Has wonderful data here. I think that in case more people considered it like this, they’d have got a better time frame have the suspend ofing the issue.

Rocket Languages Reviews said:

guidelines, mostly. after accepting their bid and…

tasks, you quickly realize it knew nothing. â· if you would be so unlucky to hire a bunch of writers who are naturally not creative, they will produce low quality, boring, rewritten content. â· if you get a bunch of losers…

Ashlyn Echoles said:

the burdens of others, not add to…

them. good humor does not belittle or promote stereotypes, for it springs from the heart, not the mind. it is a shock absorber that helps us get over the bumps in life. those with a good sense of humor have a…

phoenix coyotes said:

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Thanks

weight loss said:

you can hire an experienced seo article…

writer or a writer who has recently graduated to deliver on the calibers of services you want to pay for.tip # 5 – don’t forget to find out who exactly will be working on your project. sometimes, seo writers are associated…