A Liberal BiasA recent study conducted by Christopher Cardiff and Daniel Klein reveals a political bias among professors of different California universities. The researching duo collected data from 11 colleges which provided a diverse range of geographies and school types.

The selected campuses included Santa Clara University, University of San Diego, Point Loma Nazarene University and Pepperdine University, all of which have a religious affiliation. In addition, Claremont McKenna College, San Diego State University, California Institute of Technology, UCSD, UC Berkeley, UCLA and Stanfurd were also taken into account, as they were deemed a fine mixture of public and private research schools.

The researchers acquired data regarding the political affiliation of professors at the stated schools and presented a Democrat to Republican ratio for each campus. For example, a ratio of 3 would mean that there are three times as many democrats as republicans.

The results of the study were shocking. Are you ready? UC Berkeley was found to have the largest Democrat to Republican ratio among all 11 schools. We told you it would just knock you over with a feather.

Although Berkeley’s results were expected (with an 8.7 D:R ratio), it is somewhat surprising to find that the ratio for democrats to republicans across all 11 campuses is as high as 5.0. For those of you who are mathematically illiterate, that means that there are five times the number of democratic professors in California schools compared to republican ones.

The study also broke down the ratio by subject. The Democrat:Republican ratio for professors of sociology was 44:1 whereas the ratio for professors of military science was 0. Who knew that military science was actually a subject?

Here is the ranking of departments from most liberal professors to least liberal:

1. Humanities (10.0)

2. Arts (7.6)

3. Social Sciences (6.8)

4. Math/Sciences (6.3)

5. Medicine/Nursing/Health (4.8)

6. Social Professional (4.4)

7. Engineering (2.5)

8. Business (1.3)

9. Military/Sports (0.7)

Image Source: Dr. ZAx under Creative Commons

Is There a Liberal Bias Among Professors? [Psychology Today]

money said:

I have been surfing online greater than three hours today, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is lovely price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.

mybrowsercash said:

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all important infos. I would like to peer more posts like this .

download tv said:

Woah this weblog is great i like reading your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You recognize, a lot of individuals are looking around for this info, you could help them greatly.

Grzegorz Pawłowski said:

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

I read your article while having my morning coffee. You have a lot of great thoughts on this subject and it’s clear that you know your material. I appreciate a good article with original ideas. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

Laurene Londagin said:

I have to say that for the last few of hours i have been hooked by the amazing articles on this website. Keep up the wonderful work.

pletchermrz said:

Finally, do you know that every single Mont Blanc replenish is actually separately inspected within microscopic lense before it is accepted? In addition each and every refill will be tested to evaluate it has the composing components. Additionally Mont Blanc refills http://www.montblancpenstock.com/mont-blanc-meisterstuck-pencil.html tend to be randomly taken out for much more considerable testing such as the golf ball level refill examined to be able to ensure of which refills may offer a full A person,000 mirielle connected with composing program.

Click Here said:

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and the rest of the site is extremely good.

isabelmarantsneakersoutlet.webs.com said:

Appreciate a person’s careful provide of owning published this content. The message is given to us in particular. Each of our daughter as well were built with a great deal to master because of this ¨C nonetheless he or she had been anyone this determined your web site 1st. Many people can?ˉt develop a additional exceptional provide compared to a surprise to encourage that you simply do additional.