Such a mystery.

Such mystery

If you recently enjoyed Steven Spielberg’s film adaptation of “The Adventures of Tintin”, or are simply a lover of the original comic book series by Hergé, take note of the Pacific Film Archive’s upcoming showing of Julien Duvivier’s movie, “The Mystery of the Eiffel Tower.” This 1927 silent film, which inspired the lovely Tintin comics, follows a carnival worker and millionaire named Achilles Saturnine (what a name) and his fight against the evil crime syndicate, the Ku-Klux-Eiffel. The names alone prove that the film is guaranteed to be: a) dramatic and b) awesome.  Seriously, if we at the Clog ever create our own plucky hero, we’re stealing the name “Saturnine Achilles” because the name enough is hard to match.

The event will also host live music by Ralph Carney, who previously collaborated with talented artists such as the Black Keys and Tom Waits. The showing will be on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 6 p.m. at the Pacific Film Archive Theater on 2575 Bancroft Way. What’s better on a Saturday evening than a classy Paris adventure and excellent music? That’s right, nothing.

Image source: graceyheartphotography under Creative Commons

The title pretty a lot says it all.

Homepage said:

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! 315162

Mateusz Czerwinski said:

Gustaw Kowalski said:

click here said:

I appreciate an amazing publish, can examine your personal others topics. thank you your thinking with this, I experienced somewhat strike by this short article. Merit again! You earn a terrific aspect. Has excellent facts here. I think that in case more individuals thought of it like this, they’d possess a better moment in time obtain the hang ofing the situation.

shower tower said:

Your weblog is showing a lot more interest and enthusiasm. Thank you so significantly. 745918

Read more said:

I enjoy seeking by means of and I conceive this site got some truly valuable stuff on it! . 981406

educational video said:

Largest lover messages were made to share it with your and gives honour of the bride and groom. Extremely sound systems facing unnecessary throngs of individuals ought to take into account each of our valuable concept of all presenting, which is one

round coffee table said:

What others have stated and in some uncommon cases, suicide may occur. 535565

p90x workout said:
May 1, 2012 at 5:20 am

I recognize there is a superb deal of spam on this internet site. Do you need to have aid cleaning them up? I could support in between courses! 111444

suchmaschinenoptimierung köln said:

Some actually quality posts on this site , saved to favorites . 367916

http://www.blackumbrella.net/ said:
May 4, 2012 at 5:11 am

There is clearly a lot to know about this. I think you made various good points in features also. 30292

real estate values said:
May 6, 2012 at 5:32 am

I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too. Thank you for sharing this beautiful articles. thanks a lot 876182

Vedeževanje said:
May 7, 2012 at 8:20 am

Just wanna input on couple of common items, The internet site layout is perfect, the articles is quite superb : D. 971656

real spells said:
May 8, 2012 at 11:24 am

Soon after study some with the content material for your internet site now, i genuinely as if your technique of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark internet site list and are checking back soon. Pls have a appear at my internet site too and told me in case you agree. 124076

Lance Santoni said:

Really fine publish. I just just simply came on your website not to mention wished to say that we have seriously really liked reading your blog content. In any case I am going to turn out to be subscribing to all your posts not to mention I really hope most people publish once more soon enough.

May I said:
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment. I think that you need to publish more about this subject matter, it may not be a taboo matter but generally people do not talk about these subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!

kukeilari said:
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:22 am

read more
The cds are employed intended exchange for stocking the slither images things primarily. Even so what lenient of info will be stored on the closely-knit disk fully is dependent upon the individualistic stocking the coast images. Because of example, the pedagogue may betray the slide images with his individuals on the consolidated disk. That compact disk while using compact disk envelopes, may classify the info with college disciple, his subtitle, his grow older, his direction signifies,read more
his matrix assessment signifies as favourably as the summation with his over almost all tasks. This can conclusively assist the college student as well as the academe to be skilled to consult on each side from the individuals as well as his performance that is getting saved from the condensed disk.cheap beats by dre uk

monster beats,beats by dre, custom beats by dre,justin bieber beats,beats studio said:

I take pleasure in, result in I discovered just what I used to be taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

beats by dr dre studio said:

You really make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I to find this matter to be really something that I feel I might never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your subsequent publish, I will try to get the dangle of it!