photoshop

Photoshop: an invention that alters things ranging from deleting a single strand of flyaway hair to creating unrealistically perfect facial features with mere clicks and clever dragging of the mouse. Who wouldn’t like to learn how to use it? It can’t hurt to, you know, maybe temporarily shave off a few pounds for your Facebook profile picture *cough cough*. No judging.

Well, whatever you decide to use it for, an opportunity to learn how to lies at your feet, ripe for the taking.

The Student Technology Council (STC) exclusively invites Cal students to attend Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator training sessions as well as enter the chance to win $2,500 in a Cal-themed T-shirt design contest. Since the Adobe Creative Suite was released for free earlier this year, the STC and Adobe seems to want to help students utilize the fancy tools at their disposal. Hey, and Adobe professionals will be teaching you and also be ready to answer questions after the training sessions.

The first available training session was on February 23, but there are still two future dates coming up: February 29 and March 2. They will be held in the computer lab in B3 Evans. If you are interested in registering for training, then by all means click here. As for the T-shirt design competition, you don’t have to attend the sessions to be involved – simply click here and submit. Anyone with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience is encouraged to enter.

If it helps as motivation, the second and third place winners win Apple iPads. Five winners can nab individual pizza parties for his or her dorm floor, club or group. Finally, the last handful of winners will receive $25 Cal Store gift cards. Sounds good enough to at least attempt, right?

Get those fingers movin’ and start designing, all y’all creative and/or computer savvy Golden Bears!

Image source: greg.turner under Creative Commons

mouhamad said:

Włodek Wieczorek said:

You can certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always go after your heart.

Jordan Shoes said:

This is aMulberry salehow perfect the article after my serious reading, Cheap Mulberry handbagsfeel at once that a lot of things to thank the master of the Mulberry handbags sale blog

difficult to find said:
Sep 24, 2012 at 1:21 am

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the exact same comment. Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service? Kudos!