Theater

If you can recall back to the beginning of the semester, January began the African Film Festival 2012, when the Pacific Film Archive Theater showed a variety of African films throughout January and February. March is now upon us and marks the end of the festival, but a new month means new opportunities and another film festival is here to fill the short-term vacancy. Thursday, March 8 heralds the beginning of the Center for Asian American Media’s 30th San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival. The festival aims to show contemporary Asian and Asian American cinema throughout San Francisco, Berkeley and San Jose.  

As part of the festivities, the Pacific Film Archive Theater will showcase films and documentaries from Burma, Cambodia, China, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States until Saturday, March 17. The first film the PFA will show in celebration of the festival will be “Fable of the Fish,” directed by Adolfo Alix Jr. on Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. The movie tells a surreal tale in which a couple, Lina and Miguel, give birth to … a fish. Sounds interesting, no? Make sure to check out trailers for the other films in the festival line-up at the Center for Asian American Media’s (CAAM) official YouTube channel.

CAAM will also be hosting various events for the festival throughout the Bay Area such as a “Game Salon” in which you can meet Asian-American video game developers such as Jenova Chen of thatgamecompany (their recently released title, “Journey,” looks gorgeous) and a “Cook Salon” in which you can meet Chef Preeti Mistry and Beverly Kim who both appeared in Bravo’s television show, Top Chef (Season 6 and 9 respectively).

It looks to be a busy, but fun month!

Image source: Biblioteca de Arte- Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian under Creative Commons

gimnasia en casa said:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Many thanks!

Marquis Arebela said:

I like this blog so much, bookmarked. “American soldiers must be turned into lambs and eating them is tolerated.” by Muammar Qaddafi.

mont blanc eyeglasses said:

Bright ideas, hope there can be more useful articles online.

I just like the valuable information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and take a look at again here frequently. I am slightly sure I will be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the next!

Carrol Mayoral said:

An interesting dialogue is price comment. I think that you should write more on this subject, it may not be a taboo subject however typically persons are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

Marshall Amp Nike SB Dunk High Black Metallic Gold said:

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Radomił Kowalczyk said:

Very interesting post. I like your website keep up the great posts

Tu Cader said:

Hey I am so delighted I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a tremendous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.