Listen, we know what you’re thinking and we’re thinking it too: mythological creatures have been so underappreciated lately. They used to be the talk of the town, and now they’ve just sort of fallen to the wayside. But never fear! We’ve been brainstorming ways to get them back into the limelight (where they belong). So let’s all imagine for a second. What if the biggest (or lamest, in Stanfurd’s case) universities in California had mythological mascots?! We know, we’re really excited too.

Let’s start with a few obvious choices as a warm-up: UC Davis and UC Santa Barbara.

The UC Davis Garden Gnomes

GNOME

Let’s be real. If the biggest draws for your university are agricultural superiority and grey squirrels, there’s not a more fitting mascot. They’re pretty fashionable looking though, if we do say so ourselves. Plus, isn’t Davis pretty much in the middle of nowhere? Those garden gnomes need plenty of space to frolic freely, and Davis has an expansive supply of sprawling fields of flowers (at least we think it does, we don’t usually go inland that far).

The UC Santa Barbara Mermaids

Mermaid

On the most basic level, UC Santa Barbara is the beach college, so mermaids are an obvious choice. Also, the beauty of mermaids mirrors the notorious SoCal superficiality. In mythological tradition, mermaids aren’t like the beautiful red-headed Ariel, who has a heart of gold. Instead, mermaids would lure sailors to their death with their beauty. And let’s just say, with UCSB’s reputation, whatever the beautiful UCSB Mermaids inflict on you is liable to leave you itching injured.

Next up, it’s our favorite Bay Area(ish) sister!

The UC Santa Cruz Satyrs

SATYR

It just kind of makes sense for some reason. The scruffy rugged legs of the satyr, the big beard, it all seems to fit in quite nicely with the general feel that Santa Cruz exudes. Plus, this satyr has a beanie, so it’s extra appropriate. Let’s leave him alone, though guys. His pink eyes are making us think he’s pretty tired from a long week of … studying. And doing artful things.

And finally, we have the two universities you’ve been waiting for: Cal and Stanfurd.

The Stanfurd Bridge Trolls

TROLL

Yes, that’s right, our little malicious, South Bay rivals are nothing but a bunch of nose-picking, snot-colored bridge trolls. Okay, we’d be lying if we said we didn’t pour a little bias into this one. But come on, Stanfurd is such a troll. Plus, they literally live south of all of the Bay Area bridges, so if you add in a dash of word play, it almost makes sense. Also, the actual Stanfurd mascot is a TREE, and we all know that’s a big troll on the mascot community. So, we’re going to let this one “stick.”

The UC Berkeley Pegasus Unicorns

PEGASUS

Last but not least, the one and only, the University of California. We’re so bad ass, we’re a unicorn and a pegasus all in one. That’s right. We’ve mastered the ground and the air. And also, we have a campanile for our horn, which is bigger than any other campanile horn (especially the Stanfurd Trolls’). So don’t mess with us, because we’ll probably fly around a lot and then trample you in a fit of sheer rage.

That’s all folks! Stay tuned, there may or may not be a second edition in the future …

Image sources: original artwork by Ryan Roschke, Daily Cal

Bloody awesome. I never knew any of those queries, and I’m meant to know these things!! LOL!!

diy feather earrings said:

Thanks for an incredible submit, can study your others content. thanks for your thinking within this, I experienced a bit strike by this text. Thanks again again! You make an excellent time. Portrays natures best by the fantastic data here. I think if a greater number thought of it like that, they’d have a very better time period have the suspend ofing the matter.

Harold Seekell said:

Like this artical,Its having the lots of exciting information.you must be have a lot knowlegde about this idea.

best reseller hosting reviews said:

I gotta bookmark this site it seems very helpful extremely helpful reseller hosting | cpanel reseller |

Why Motorcycle Saddle Bags Are Valuable for Motorc said:

…Recent Blogroll Additions…

[...]you made running a blog glance[...]…

airport lost said:

Thank you for this place distinctive at the same time as generating clear concent.

Joanna Shillito said:

I can’t add your bluehost feed to my feed reader. Anybody else having this situation?

josonbrant said:
Jan 20, 2013 at 12:56 am

McGrady CBA before the first show within the content of the basketball association organization for CBA rules written, it is these is considered to be “every player know rule”, however it helps make the game without a sense of security. Netizens even anger condemn: “the rule of fuzzy its word, is nice at discretionary processing. Their palliative indulgence, directly result in the Chinese sports circles all types of” QiuBa ‘and on the field on the emotional ball, incidents where his face into the foreign. There should be to understand the NBA, what can do, what it’s strictly prohibited to make clear.”
“Don’t eat T can send bonus” measures constraint player behavior, not even close to black and white more effective. To guarantee the smoothness of the league, basketball association ought to be used as early as the undisputed attitude demonstrated that the players “bad habit” don’t tolerate, but not in the face of the question to unthinkingly “try to smooth things over”.
Big names into make CBA harvest the unprecedented focus on the present rules also brought the big impact. The place is wrong, time is wrong. We must do isn’t in two wrong things which one cent gives more mistaken, but from the rules around the complete removal of such is “professional” behavior reappear. Wish to and the higher level of league community, CBA in many places to become more refined and much more clear. NBA rules from the share is not a day of written, basketball association should be more let the free airing of views, and also adjust and enhance the professional level of CBA as quickly as possible.

whoelsale new era
new kevin durant nerf shoes