5640108420_b9a4d89915Calling all expert namers (this means you, Adam and Eve)! As you may or may not know, the CalMail system proved to be a huge failure last semester, leaving the entire Berkeley community scrambling for a solution. Luckily, the almighty and all-powerful Google has stepped in to take the reigns, and now an entirely new and improved mail (and calendar) system looms on the horizon.

Who cares if it works though, the IT Productivity Suite Team is more concerned about having a really clever and inventive name to compete with the respective (and witty) UC Davis and UC Santa Cruz “AggieMail” and “Slugmail” systems. And so, the team has enlisted the help of the creative minds at UC Berkeley with a friendly naming competition. Think you have what it takes? Submissions for both the new mail and calendar systems will be accepted until Friday (March 19). The competition is only open to UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff, and there’s only one submission allowed per individual.

First prize for both categories is a $250 Amazon Gift Card, and all entrants will be automatically placed in a random drawing for two chances to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. What’re you waiting for? Get at it.

We here at The Daily Clog are ready to get the ball rolling. We’ve already thought of some great (or maybe some not so great) ideas to help ignite your creative loins.

For the new calendar:

- Oskchedule

- CalGoldenShowersHours (that was gross, sorry)

- TheDailyCal…endar (harharhar)

For the new mail system:

- BearMailssentials

- YouveGotCal (Meg Ryan would be so proud)

- CampaMAILe (this is getting desperate)

Think you got something better? Go ahead. Make our day.

Image source: halilgokdal under Creative Commons

Body language signals said:

Thanks for some other informative web site. Where else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal means? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

Evelina Lubeck said:

hey there, superb web page, and also a fantastic understand! only one for our preferred.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

Thanks for all this information. I think you make very valid points and I appreciate them and agree with you. You’ve done a great job with expressing yourself in words. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

Clora Dominik said:

in depth data anyone supply. It’s fantastic to encounter a new web site each and every once in a while that will isn’t the same kind of rehashed material. Fantastic study! I’ve saved your blog along with I’m as well as your RSS rss feeds in order to our Search engines consideration.

Audrey Yockers said:

May be exceptional to discover certified people who have this matter, even so, you could be seen as a person understand what exactly you’re posting with regards to! Thx.

anxiety remedies, anxiety remedy, anxiety cure said:

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you really recognize what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my website =). We could have a hyperlink exchange arrangement between us

Earle Bugni said:

Could possibly be rare to discover certified individuals with this challenge, even so, an individual could be seen as you are sensitive to precisely what you’re submitting with regards to! Thx.

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

Hi. Neat post. There’s a problem with your site in chrome, and you may want to check this… The browser is the marketplace leader and a big component of other folks will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.

Tymoteusz Sokołowski said:

mrb benim nickim nurdost. sohbet kanalı arıyordum nereye geldim :S

Venetta Salm said:

After examine just a few of the weblog posts in your website now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site checklist and will be checking again soon. Pls check out my web site as effectively and let me know what you think.

Daily ESET NOD32 Keys said:
Aug 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I have been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i’m glad to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot without a doubt will make certain to do not fail to remember this website and give it a glance on a continuing basis.

http://philosophersclub.org said:
Aug 23, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Awesome! I have been looking for exactly this , thanks for posting.

Pet Supplies said:

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and come with approximately all important infos. I would like to peer extra posts like this .