DOE LIBRARY

Nothing is more representative of the college experience than eight-hour study sessions in main stacks. Fortunately, while the library may currently inspire more ire than affection with the final rush of midterms before spring break, Doe Library will be having an open house on Wednesday, March 21 in celebration of its centennial (1912-2012) that will actually make the library experience fun. From 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Doe Library will be open to the public eye, including normally restricted areas such as the Preservation, Conservation and Treatment Department in the basement. You will also be able to pick up free books at 303 Doe and as we always say in the Clog: everyone loves free stuff.

There will also be various performances and presentations throughout the afternoon, with musical guests such as the California Golden Overtones, the University Chamber Chorus, the UC Men’s Octet and the Cal Band. At 5:30 p.m. there will be presentation in Morrison Library entitled “Celebrating the Library,” in which speakers such as Chancellor Birgeneau, Professor Geoffrey Nunberg and author Annie Barrows reflect on Doe’s long history.

Most importantly (obviously), there will be free birthday cupcakes at 4:30 p.m. in Doe 190. Delicious.

In all seriousness, Doe library is a wonderful resource to Cal students and we are thankful to all the staff that makes Doe a wonderful place for study and research. Centennials don’t come around often; best to leave Cal for vacation with happy memories of the library than stressful ones! Click here for a complete schedule of festivities planned for the open house.

Image source: D.H. Parks under Creative Commons

SEO said:

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

Merely wanna input that you enjoy a same clean locale, I charity the intent furthermore fad it really stands external.

Zygfryd Nowicki said:

Dobromił Wojciechowski said:

a games said:

I like this web blog very much so much great information. “Probably the most distinctive characteristic of the successful politician is selective cowardice.” by Richard Harris.

torrent oyun indir said:
Jul 27, 2012 at 8:54 am

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good,but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

almanya sesli chat said:

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

bmw 328i headlights said:

This is the best site for anybody who desires to find out about this subject. You notice so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You undoubtedly put a brand new spin on a subject thats been wrote about for ages. Nice stuff, simply nice!