They’re loud, they’re fast and they’re not afraid. The ground during practice time at Underhill quakes under their collective movement, and you can barely hear your own thoughts amongst the intense direction of coaches and captains. After months of practicing 3 nights a week, plus film sessions and weight lifting, they’re on their way to national recognition. And it’s time for you to know what they’re all about.

For head coach Ellen Owens, it’s a landmark year out of her 15 seasons coaching this team, and she couldn’t be prouder. Owens, who played in the 1980s as a grad student, attributes women’s rugby’s growing popularity to the overall movement of athletics becoming much more “acceptable” as a pastime for young women. “Every year these players get faster and stronger, and this year we are well on our way to a national title.”

But it’s become so much more than a means of exercise for these athletes. Wing-position player and graduating senior Janae Henderson explains, “Rugby challenges you … mentally, physically and emotionally. For me, it was instant love [since freshman year].” Backs captain Maricel Quirindongo-Crespo echoes these sentiments, adding that rugby is her “relief away from school” and has fought to continue playing despite her parents’ concerns over serious collarbone injuries in the past.

The resilience and grit of these young women has certainly paid off. Bri Arsenault, an intern with Sports Med and currently working her fourth season with the team, declares this current one to be one of the “best years to date”, attributing their team chemistry and relentlessness to be a major factor in their success. A lack of varsity recognition and funding at the college level also certainly hasn’t stopped this clan – for freshman Genevieve Ireland, flanker and 8-man, rugby represents a career well beyond her college years. With rugby making its official debut in the 2016 Summer Olympics, Ireland “makes life fit around [rugby]” in order to pursue playing professionally in the future. If that’s not dedication, we don’t know what is. And this kind of drive and excellence isn’t blowing over anytime soon.

Indeed, last month, Cal Women’s Rugby traveled to Oregon to play the University of Oregon team, crushing them in a breath-taking 76-0 defeat. Clinching a second place finish in their conference, the team is now headed to Nationals in the “Round of 16s” at Stanford on April 20. Toned, tan, fit and ready – we think it’s safe to say that all them other teams should definitely watch out.

On that note, Go Bears!

Comprar enlaces said:

I’m not sure why but this website is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

NadiaAtkinson said:

Buildings are quite expensive and not everyone is able to buy it. Nevertheless, credit loans are invented to help different people in such kind of cases.

Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

Coach werden said:

Its such as you learn my mind! You appear to understand so much about this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you just could do with a few p.c. to power the message home a little bit, however other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

What a great example of top quality article content. The article itself is very well-written, and contains great commentary that is able to hold your interest. Thanks for researching, planning and writing this great article. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

Tymoteusz Sokołowski said:

hamburger casseroles said:

hey there and thanks for your information ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did however expertise some technical issues the usage of this web site, as I experienced to reload the site many times prior to I may get it to load correctly. I had been wondering in case your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, however slow loading cases instances will very frequently have an effect on your placement in google and could harm your quality ranking if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am including this RSS to my email and can look out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you replace this again soon..

ecigarettes said:

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. That is an extremely well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

Thanks for the great posting and your all efforts. I think the above article is valuable for all concerned people.

Filiberto Maciejewski said:

It’s a great post & photos with lots of examples!

pozycjonowanie Kraków said:

What i do not realize is truly how you’re not genuinely significantly more neatly-liked than you might be correct now. You’re so intelligent. You already know thus considerably in relation to this matter, made me in my view believe it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women aren’t interested unless it is something to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always deal with it up!

bmw x6 exhaust tips said:
Aug 19, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for the wonderful article, I was searching for details like this, going to check out the other articles.

How To Take Your Company Public On The Pink Sheets said:

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly helpful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide something back and help others like you aided me.

Here Are The Steps On How To Go Public With Strategy, Free Video said:

Wonderful work! This is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the web. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this publish higher! Come on over and consult with my web site . Thank you =)

How To Write A Killer Business Plan said:

I will right away take hold of your rss as I can’t in finding your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

Free Guide on Taking Your Company Public, PPM's and Corporate Strategy said:

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my weblog so i got here to go back the choose?.I am attempting to find things to improve my site!I guess its good enough to use some of your ideas!!

Take Company Public said:

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I could I want to recommend you some interesting issues or tips. Maybe you can write next articles relating to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

James Scott Princeton Corporate Solutions said:

I’ve read a few good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you put to create one of these fantastic informative website.

Free Videos on How to Take Your Company Public said:

Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my weblog so i got here to return the want?.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!I assume its ok to use a few of your concepts!!

a1904086 said:

I’ve said that least 1904086 times. SKC was here…

Marquerite Smith said:

I truly love the posting along with your present site in general!