apr Yes it’s that time of the year! Spring break?! No, no, not yet you silly. Apartment hunting!

As you may or may not know, now’s a good time to be looking for apartments as leasing contracts approach their end towards the summer. For those you already hunting for your next humble abode, the city is trying to crack down on people like Lakireddy Bali Reddy, who might make your experience living in an apartment miserable if not potentially fatal. Though crooks like Reddy are not that common, the ASUC Renter’s Legal Assistance site is a great resource to brush up on some knowledge to protect yourself against scamming landlords.

Most of you won’t have to deal with shady folks looking for apartments, but here are some tips from the Clog to help you out!

Two essential things we’d say about apartments are roommates and “The Checklist.” We’ll explain what “The Checklist” is in a bit. Deciding roommates is actually really important because they are going to be the people you are living with 24/7. Of course, living together entails stronger relationships, but habits you normally don’t see in a friend might come to bite you in the rear. So make sure you know who you’re living with more than superficially. Here’s a pretty big clue: if you only know his/her name and see him/her occasionally in class, that person may not be the best choice. But other than that, prepare to have an adventure!

Now, here’ s “The Checklist” we were talking about. Not all landlords are courteous enough to tell you crucial details about your future living space. Here are some key elements to ask and look out for in your search.

• What’s the length of the lease?
  • How much is the rent?
  • Security deposit or other up-front payments?
  • Typical rent increases?
  • Turnover rate?
  • Late fees or other penalties?
  • What appliances are included? (This one’s usually really important)
  • What are the tenants responsible for?
  • Who are the internet providers?
  • Who can I call for maintenance?

Some of these questions may come as common sense, but getting caught up in searching for apartments can leave some people not thinking straight. Meet together with your roommates and make checklists! Discuss furniture issues and sleep patterns. It’s also helpful when you apply for a place to submit a bio page with names, images and mini-bios about the people in your group! All this advice may seem overwhelming, but trust us, it makes moving a lot less of a hassle in the long run.

Good luck finding apartments!

Image source: anirvan under Creative Commons

Thank you for this blog. Thats all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.

Issac Maez said:

be a god in wordfeud and use this help tool.. Wordfeud fusk

ladyboys in thailand said:

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Tyson F. Gautreaux said:

Thanks for this wonderful and very userful post. retain it up. your information and facts is too good for all.You will get a Search engine marketing technology to supply users of BHTdownloads. This Search engine optimisation Discussion board can allow your audience be quite easy to come across your release the content material. It’s one of the most effective Search engine optimisation Forumcheck bhtdownloads overview. This is a major improvement, it’s turn into amazingly strong. It is usually awareness and competencies with technological know-how.

Mateusz Czerwinski said:

Korneli Ostrowski said:

all black hats said:

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to understand a lot about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you just can do with some % to pressure the message house a little bit, however other than that, that is great blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

I truly appreciate you posting this work. I do look forward to more of this type of content as it is very engaging to read. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

pasmanteria, sutasz, scrapbooking, trimmings, braid, crafts said:

I’ll immediately snatch your rss as I can not to find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me recognise so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

afvallen said:

I would like to appreciate your efforts that bring really nice work and also engage all people here to take opportunity for share their views

Gail Dunderman said:

What a beautiful automobile! I’m particularly impressed with the photo under the hoodthe firewall is so shiny it looks as though a mirror has been set behind the engine! I’m sure this one will go for a LOT of dough!