chick-fil-a

Amid the recent controversy surrounding Chick-fil-A and its stance on gay marriage, Berkeley students have called for a boycott of the nearest Bay Area Chick-fil-A. Guess someone doesn’t want to eat mor chikin.

The Facebook event cites the fact that “Chick-fil-A has donated nearly $2 million to anti-LGBT groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation ($1,188,380), Exodus International ($1,000) and the Family Research Council (also $1,000)” and that “Governor Mike Huckabee has supported the chain of restaurants by creating a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day with 160,000+ RSVPs on Facebook.”

In response to Huckabee’s Appreciation Day, to take place this Wednesday, Aug. 1, the California College Democrats are boycotting the nearest Chick-fil-A, located in Fairfield, CA.

Vegetarians and pro-gay rights activists join forces.

The cows won’t be feeling too much love in the Bay, ‘cuz the Bears are getting ready to roll in. Can you say rawr?

Image source: Link576 under Creative Commons

Sprinkles said:
Jul 31, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Considering Fairfield is a roughly 45-minute drive from Berkeley and the vast majority of students don’t even have cars, this isn’t exactly much of a sacrifice, is it? That’s like me saying I’m boycotting Arizona’s targeting of immigrants by living in California. If you want to make a difference to gay rights, join one of the active campaigns based in the East Bay/SF or donate money.

Dr. Krune said:
Aug 1, 2012 at 7:55 pm

lmao

Win money said:

You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be actually one thing that I think I might by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m having a look forward on your next submit, I will try to get the grasp of it!

slim with acai,weight loss with acai,lose weight with acai said:

Wow, amazing blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The total glance of your web site is magnificent, as neatly as the content!