tuning fork

Spotted: an enormous tuning fork on Shattuck and Center — only recently did the Clog discover its true purpose. Yep, we thought it was just a mini field goal as well. But has this been the source of all our BART escalator-breaking poop?

According to a very old press release, the tuning fork, also known as Earth Song, is “tuned to the oscillating frequency of the Earth, an extremely low frequency at a pitch far below audible human range.  It will be activated continuously with energy provided by the phenomena in its immediate environment — movement of BART trains, automobile and pedestrian traffic, and natural forces — all the while converting vibrations into the fundamental pitch of the earth.”

Now the Clog has heard of something called the “Brown note” — the Brown note’s Wiki page explains:

“The brown note is a hypothetical infrasonic frequency that would cause humans to lose control of their bowels due to resonance.”

So basically the brown note, when played, is supposed to make you crap your pants.

Follow our logic here: if the tuning fork is tuning to the pitches of the Earth … perhaps it’s striking the brown note … and thus inducing people to … poop on BART escalators.

We know, it’s most likely improbable. Life would be oh-so-easy if a tuning fork were the cause of all our problems.

Shit happens.

Image source: Lynn Yu, Daily Cal

Toni Angelchovski said:

Great issues altogether, you just gained a emblem new reader. What could you recommend in regards to your post that you simply made some days in the past? Any sure?