281730188_998102e47cWhat, classes are starting already? That fun few days of free food and parties is over? Do not fear, there are still two more days of Welcome Week. The Clog has tirelessly examined the Welcome Week calendar, and we’re here to give you some highlights. Sure you have class, but isn’t it more important to eat for free?

Thursday

Berkeley Student Food Collective Make Your Own Sandwich Day, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. BSFC store 2440 Bancroft Way #102. The Berkeley Student Food Collective has some excellently delicious events planned, and this is one of them. You know how we feel about sandwiches. Be sure to also check out their Kombucha Pong from 3:30 to 7 p.m. in Lower Sproul and their No-Bake Bake Sale this Friday 11 to 2 p.m.

Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) Tour, 12 to 1 p.m.: The BAM/PFA is a hot spot for your dose of culture. On the tour you’ll get to hear about upcoming programs, as well as see some of their exhibits, Himalayan Pilgrimage, At the Edge and the Barry McGee exhibition. They offer more tours Friday, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.

L&S Exploring Majors at Cal, 1 to 2 p.m., 262 Evans Hall: Do you have no idea where to begin with this whole majoring business? This is a good chance to calm some major major existential crises. Goodness knows we here at the Clog haven’t picked a major yet ­– when were we supposed to do that? They are also offering the workshop August 24 and 28.

Calapalooza, 3:30 to 7 p.m., Lower Sproul: Just go. All the emails you get after will make you feel popular.

Berkeley Ballroom Salsa & Cha-Cha Dance Lesson, 7 to 10 p.m., 237 Hearst Gym: Whether you have dance skills or not, this is a good chance to learn some to impress the ladies (and gentlemen), and have a good time. There is also a Tango & Swing Dance Lesson at the same time and place on Friday.

Looking for some free food? Be sure to check out the Hillel Pizza dinner, Kairos Welcome night, and ice cream sandwiches and board games with the First conjugational church of Berkeley on Thursday.

A must see is the Sunset at the Campanile from 7 to 9 p.m. It is a once a year opportunity to see the view from the Campanile at sunset. Hopefully this year it won’t be too cloudy, but with Berkeley weather we can’t hope much.

Friday

Gender Equity Resource Center Internships Info Session/Women, LGBTIQ, Sexual/Relationship Violence, 12 to 1 p.m., 202 Cesar Chavez Student Center: One of several interesting events by GenEq, this is a great opportunity to check out opportunities available at the center and talk about important issues.

Inaugural DeCal Expo, 5 to 7 p.m., Upper Sproul: Is the online format of the DeCal website not doing it for you? Check out the first ever DeCal Expo! We’re not entirely sure what it will entail, but it could help you decide on that extra unit.

Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) Free Poster Pizza Palooza, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the BAM: A favorite of the Clog (who doesn’t love pizza and posters?) this event showcases the Barry McGee exhibit and includes the aforementioned pizza and posters, as well as DJs and giveaways. Afterwards there is a free outdoor screening of “Pretty Poison.”

For some more free food and faith, be sure to loot into the Muslim Student Association Juma’a Prayer & Community BBQ, Ark Ministries’ pazookies, and Hillel.

Enjoy the calm before the semester storm and be sure to check out the calendar for all the events we missed.

Image source: iagoarchangel under Creative Commons

Guest said:
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:22 pm

“Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) Free Poster Pizza Palooza, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the BAM: A favorite of the Clog (who doesn’t love pizza and posters?) this event showcases the Barry McGee exhibit and includes the aforementioned pizza and posters, as well as DJs and giveaways. Afterwards there is a free outdoor screening of “Pretty Poison.””

Isn’t the pizza just for freshman though? Would you clarify about this? Thanks!

Jason Blattler said:
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:50 am

Will keep this in mind, thanks!