So you’re spending some quality in the bathroom, on the porcelain. You whip out your smart phone and respond to some texts, check your Facebook and maybe shoot off a couple tweets. It’s a good use of time, we at the Clog certainly don’t expect you to sit there and ponder life as people have done for thousands of years. This is the 21st century, put that smart phone to use.

However if you’re in a public bathroom there are a couple dos and don’ts.

Do: Text your friends. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.

Don’t: Make calls. Act like you’re on a bus or in a coffee shop. Nobody wants to hear you talk on the phone, nobody.

Do: Play games. By all means! Fire up Angry Birds, Temple Run or whatever your game is. This is prime time to destroy your high score. Just do everyone a favor and turn off the volume.

Don’t: Watch videos. Don’t forget why you’re in the bathroom. Get in, get out. The cat videos can wait.

Do: Go on Facebook. This is where Facebook shines. The only thing Facebook is still useful for is desperately killing time.

Don’t: Skype. Please, just don’t, no.

Do: Tweet. There’s something about the satisfaction of tweeting from the can that can’t be matched by anything else. And like texting, no one has to know. It’s your little secret.

Don’t: Post to Instagram. This should go unsaid, but we feel that this is a necessary PSA. Browse the newsfeed, like, comment away, but don’t ever, EVER, post.

Do: Work. Again, it’s the 21st century AND we’re students at Berkeley, ‘nough said. So knock out some email. Start a paper. Write your bio for the Clog …

Hopefully this gives you idea of what is appropriate smart-phone-while-on-the-porcelain etiquette. If we missed anything feel free to add on in the comments!

Image source: WELS.net Under Creative Commons

McCoolDawgSwag said:

This article is amazing! wow dang this is good..keep up the good work! :)
xx

Chris Martin said:

Good guide to use smartphone with the best security. I think smartphone make us secret from the others mobile. When I use my smartphone I feel so safety. Thank you Daniel Radding for sharing with us such as nice post which make us more secure than the others time and make us more stylish with smartphone.

Curt said:
Nov 14, 2012 at 12:25 am

I just got the app on my phone, thanks

instagram followers guy said:

It seems I’ve been misinformed that you can not get quality for free. You have brokedn tat yoke and I’ve know much about what I do not know about instagram.