San Francisco awoke last week with too many layers on our faces and too little on our body. Collars, choke chains, whips and public urination all made our weekend at Folsom Street Fair exhausting.

Surprisingly, NOT a Roman Cosplay event.
Surprisingly, not a Roman Cosplay event.

At the crack of dawn, and at the crack of a whip, Sunday began what is known as the  “the world’s largest leather and fetish event.” Spectators flocked from around the nation to see what some call the world’s largest hub of “sin, sex and spanking.” Folsom Street Fair is held on the last Sunday of every September on, well, Folsom Street. Despite the enormous and obvious presence, unsuspecting tourists were in for a surprise when their snapshots were tainted with cum-shots and taints. Participants wore everything from full latex suits to nothing but brotherly love and pride.

For some, Folsom was a visual stab to decency and morality. For others, the fair was a stab at the artificial tiers and confines of an oppressive society. For most, it was a stab to the anus (for those into that) – but that is what Folsom Street fair is all about: the celebration of differences, idiosyncrasies – and fetishes and domination. Folsom taught this first timer that everyone loves in different, sometimes scary, ways. It taught us that pain can be hot and spanking can be more than a manifestation of daddy issues. We also learned that hand sanitizer is a precious asset, and “getting off” can mean dismounting OR mounting something or someone.

I had one hand to take this picture, as the other was occupied.
This Clogger had one hand to take this picture, as the other was occupied.

But if you missed Folsom Street Fear Fair, never fret: there is always a way to get spanked;

1. On Oct. 5, the San Francisco Citadel Community Center invites you to “join our wild rumpus in the dungeon” in “BENT: Wild Things- a dungeon event for kinky youth.”

2. Walk through People’s Park at night.

So if midterm season hasn’t kicked your behind hard enough, remember Scott McKenzie’s iconic lines, “When you’re coming to San Francisco, be sure to wear flowers in your hair” … and sex harnesses.

Image source: Andrew Kwok, Daily Cal

Rachel Sutton said:

“We also learned that hand sanitizer is a precious asset”

:)

Steven said:

What was the other hand doing?

Take Your Company Public Now said:

I am no longer sure the place you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend a while learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent info I used to be in search of this information for my mission.