5124207642_891199d47c_bIt’s time for that wonderful, spooky and exciting holiday that kicks off the fall: Halloween. On October 25 the Residential Hall Assembly (RHA) is holding its annual RHA’s All Hall-O-Ween. It’s trick-or-treating… in the residence halls!

The event is a great way to share the fun of Halloween with University families and local elementary school students. Residents can volunteer to give kids candy from their rooms — all candy is provided — or they can volunteer to be tour guides. The RHA is working with the East Bay Asian Youth Center to bus in children and their parents from Garfield Elementary School and La Escuelita Elementary School in Oakland to come trick-or-treat with the residents. In addition, the RHA is also providing buses for families living in University Village and the housing department. The event is funded using a portion of the $45 fee that every resident pays to the Residential and Student Services Program, so it’s a great chance to see your money at work!

The All Hall-O-Ween is a great chance to volunteer and help create a fun and safe Halloween for local kids. If you live in the Res Halls and want to sign up you can do it on this Google Doc. Sign-ups run through October 10. Check out their Facebook page for more details.

Happy Halloween!

Image source: Inkyhack under Creative Commons.

a2716266 said:

I’ve said that least 2716266 times. SKC was here…