You may have seen some of the “Date My School” fliers recently posted around campus.
Date my school? What? Like back in the 90’s where TV commercials showed kids professing their love for breakfast cereal, only to have a sibling tease, “then why don’t you marry it?” Well, turns out DateMySchool.com is actually a student-oriented dating site (like Match.com or OKCupid.com), but it’s exclusively for current college students and alumni. Created by Jean Myer and Balazs Alexa of Brooklyn, NY, the new site aims to network like-minded undergrads and graduates looking for everything from “cuddling” to “long-term dating.” (Yes, cuddling is a checkable item under a user’s “looking for” section.)

We like the idea of Date My School because of its privacy factor. You can control who sees your profile, and the fact that a “.edu” email address is required for registration helps guarantee that you’re meeting up with university-affiliated users only. You can even choose what type of student user is allowed to find your profile, by school, region, or even department.

Why should you be interested in an online dating service in the first place? Well, let’s face it, it’s pretty difficult to even strike up a conversation with a stranger before lecture in an auditorium of 400 people… and even if you’ve figured out a way to do so, chance rarely sits you next to the same acquaintance you made prior, unless you’re stalking them. Plus, finding an honest, caring mate with good looks and sense to match is particularly difficult when most social time is spent inebriated. Yes, we’re looking at you, weekend warriors. How often do your betrothed friends say things like, “I met my fiancé at a raging frat party”? We rest our case.

And you might be wondering what new level you might have sunk to in resorting to online matchmaking. Believe it or not, however, dating services do attract a slew of pretty faces and personalities, for the same reason you’re still reading this article – with such intense schedules and few opportunities to meet friends, over-achieving students of all kinds are turning to alternatives in their social lives. Give DateMySchool.com a try, and you might be pleasantly surprised.

R.S.

Image source: Sergey Vladimirov under Creative Commons.

Peter said:

Thes ite sounds like a genius idea but I cant help feeling a little saddened that people of thatage should need internet dating.
What happened to social interaction?

Internet Dating Course said:

It was different in my day!

Производство воздуховодов said:

Hello there, You’ve done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

paginas web baratas I blog I tienda online said:
Jan 2, 2013 at 5:30 am

Buen post, sigue así, te encontré en google y te sigo tu feed

Gerald Scheib said:
Jan 9, 2013 at 6:17 am

go to http://www.free6xtube.com

Girls For Marriage said:
Jan 31, 2013 at 9:55 am

We stumbled over here different web address and thought I might as well check things out.

I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page yet again.