Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you already know that it’s Big Game Week! This means a slew of fun stuff on and around campus. On Monday there was a cable car rally in San Francisco. Tuesday saw the Tree-chopping Rally in front of Sproul Hall, and Wednesday night was the Laugh Your Axe Off comedy show. Thursday there’ll be the Night Rally starting at Bowles and marching around campus for all to hop in on. Finally, the Friday night before the game will be the Big Game Rally, complete with fireworks for the very first  time!

Try to catch as much of this week’s happenings as you can. But for those of you who’ve missed some, we’ve generously chronicled what Sproul’s looked like thus far.

Cal Banner

The Cal Straw Hat Band and Cal Dance kicked off Tuesday's rally, with Oski sauntering in and out of the action as usual.

Cal Forestry enthusiastically obeyed the crowd's chants of "Chop that wood!" We all showed great appreciation of mascots here. Especially when the club announced they would be selling shirts that say "Not all trees deserve a hug".

The happy Cardinal finally met its end by chainsaw. That must have been tons of fun to wield.

Our own mascot decided to rub salt in the plant's wounds by stomping on it. Good spirit, Oski!

The aftermath included not only poor red stumps, but a C for Cal, courtesy of the Forestry Club's chainsaw.

Cal

Rally Committee held a 'Get the Red Out T-Shirt Exchange' just by all the tree-chopping, accepting two canned goods and a red shirt in exchange for a blue and gold Big Game shirt.

Friday night's rally will start off at Bowles Hall and wind its way around campus. Join the fun there or simply follow the music whenever it reaches you!

Thursday night's rally will start off at Bowles Hall and wind its way around campus. Join the fun there or simply follow the music whenever it reaches you!

Cal Field Hockey has a goal set up tempting all the hit their preferred rival. Would you like to target Stanford or UCLA today?

Cal Field Hockey has a goal set up tempting all to hit their preferred rival. Would you like to target Stanford or UCLA today?

Image source: Erum Khan, Daily Cal