The million-dollar question: blackboard or document camera? Or at least this was the question in a Math 53 class earlier this semester.
The class, according to a bSpace poll, was equally divided. Here we discuss some of the pros and cons of each:
Document Camera: (for those of you who don’t know what this is, it’s basically the 21st century equivalent of an overhead projector)
- No messy erasing on the chalkboard
- Can upload notes online
- Can project things like pages from a book without any extra work
- Can’t reuse same space
- Which means using a lot of paper
- No additional technology that can break
- Face it: we’ve been using chalkboards forever. Something must be right.
- Messy erasing
- Chalk breaking
- Face it: we’ve been using chalkboards forever. They’re getting old.
Of course, there are always whiteboards…but has anyone actually seen a whiteboard in any classroom at Cal?
Share your thoughts on the chalkboard/document camera debate in the comments below.
No comments yet.