Looks-Can-Kill-1-280x300

Remember this man? It was just two weeks ago we were joking about Chancellor-Elect Nicholas Dirks’ beastly brow. We predicted that once he took office he would be called “The Brow.” Just look at him, posing effortlessly in this soft-featured scenery. Doesn’t his face just say, “If I don’t get you, my unibrow will?” In a mere moment, these hopes were shattered, cause …

dirks3

dirks4

dirks5

dirks6

OH NO HE DIDN’T.

It doesn’t look like this uni is going to make it to our uni. Perhaps he wanted a radical image change before his first public appearance in Berkeley this Tuesday? In any case, this dispels the conspiracy rumors that the center portion of his beloved brow was a shadow. Unless he defies the laws of physics, which is certainly possible, given he possesses the power of the brow. Or, he did. However you felt about his facial caterpillar, join us in mourning an (in)famous piece of brow art.

Why do you think he let it go? Leave a comment below.

Image sources: (1) Eileen Barroso, Columbia University, (2)-(5) Berkeley News Center

HUsna said:
Nov 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

“It doesn’t look like this uni is going to make it to our uni”

OMG BEST ONE LINER EVER.

Caroline said:

Hailey (and editors), sorry but I think this is more than a little tacky.

Hrmm said:

Somebody must be smokin’ the wacky tobacky if they think this article’s tacky.

Houston Rockets'blog said:

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!

Pittsburgh Pirates'blog said:

I have noticed that of all sorts of insurance, medical insurance is the most questionable because of the struggle between the insurance coverage company’s duty to remain afloat and the consumer’s need to have insurance coverage. Insurance companies’ earnings on health and fitness plans are certainly low, hence some companies struggle to gain profits. Thanks for the suggestions you reveal through this site.

24x7businesssolutions said:
Nov 29, 2012 at 12:36 am

.” by Christina Baldwin.|”All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price.” by Juvenal.|”Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone” by James Thurber.|”As long as you live, keep learning how to live.” by Lucius Annaeus Seneca.|”There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it.” by George Bernard Shaw.|”Great ideas originate in the muscles.” by Thomas Alva Edison.|”A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.” by Charles Schwab.|”Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.”

New York Mets'blog said:

Thanks for your article. It is unfortunate that over the last years, the travel industry has already been able to to tackle terrorism, SARS, tsunamis, influenza, swine flu, and the first ever true global tough economy. Through everthing the industry has proven to be solid, resilient as well as dynamic, getting new solutions to deal with adversity. There are always fresh issues and opportunity to which the industry must once more adapt and behave.

a8512560 said:

I’ve said that least 8512560 times. SKC was here…

“Looks like this uni won’t be making it to our uni.” | sssamanthaaa said:

[...] “Looks like this uni won’t be making it to our uni.” [...]

T-slip said:

We will be holding a protest this thursday for the decapitation of the brow.

As an emblem of our dignity, this brow stood prominent and sophisticated like the traditional UC seal. We cannot allow this facial unconformity suppress an era of pride and educational authority we once upheld with epistemological autonomy.

Like the activism engaged in revoking the hideous replacement seal, we must unite and forge a legal constitution requiring the mandatory regrowth of the unibrow.

The dignity of this unibrow will not be squandered without a fight!