As the beginning to each holiday season starts to set in, Cal students tend to zoom intoWhat Cal Students Should Be Thankful For overdrive. We fantasize about winter break, especially after Thanksgiving has come and gone. In case you didn’t take a couple of seconds to say your thank-yous this past week, there’s still time! Marvel at all the reasons that being at Berkeley should make you thankful:

1)      You’re still a Cal student… hopefully! That’s something to be proud of, right? After all, you can’t really get higher than #1 for a public school.

2)      Finals are still two whole weeks away. That gives us all extra time to procrastinate on studying, because that’s no way to spend dead week! Sure, you may have had some homework to do over the holidays, but that has to be better than those college applications you were frantically filling out a year or two ago.

3)      Jeff Tedford is finally getting yanked after yet another dismal 3-9 season for the men’s football team. That means you only have to wait 10 more months for a well-coached football team!

4)      There have been less than 10 days that have had more than 0.10 inches of rain so far this school year. Considering that November is the fifth wettest month, it’s not saying much, but enjoy the good weather before February rolls around!

5)      If you’re getting bored of all the classes you have right now, your second phase of Tele-Bears should be coming up soon! Even if the system does crash and burn for hours on end, you’ll still have your schedule figured out fairly soon.

6)      Obama got re-elected! Sure, that might be old news, but it’s going to last for four years, so feel free to be happy about it any time you want. Unless you’re a Romney supporter, in which case you can console yourself with the fact that he has a net worth over $200 million.

So even though you may have already joined hands and devoured that turkey, look back on the first three months of school and utter a prayer of thanks – for these things and whatever else you love about Cal.

Image source: Cindi Albright under Creative Commons

official nfl jerseys'blog said:

Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

Minnesota Twins'blog said:

I’m usually to blogging and i really recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your website and hold checking for brand spanking new information.

Seattle Mariners'blog said:

I wanted to draft you that bit of note just to give thanks as before just for the nice tricks you’ve featured here. This has been so extremely open-handed with people like you to grant extensively all that a few individuals could possibly have supplied as an e-book to get some bucks for themselves, primarily seeing that you might well have tried it in the event you wanted. These strategies in addition served to become a easy way to be certain that other people have the identical dreams like mine to grasp a lot more on the topic of this problem. I believe there are lots of more pleasurable instances ahead for those who read your blog.