It’s one of the least hotly debated topics in all of America – something that the old Cents Might Actually Make Sensepeople in Congress have argued about a couple of times, and an issue that has spawned organizations to lobby for them. Should the country eliminate the penny – that which bears the vampire hunter’s face on it – from the currency system of the United States altogether. But considering recent circumstances, is that really the best idea?

Everyone argues over the mundane facts when it comes to issues like these, like how we must validate the late president with more than a measly five dollar bill, or how the penny is worth less than any piece of engraved metal in the world. Some might even say that melting down coins for their raw materials may be more profitable than being a drug dealer. But for all of us at Cal, we should focus on the truly important reason.

Remember that proposition that everyone on campus was blabbering on about a few weeks ago? Yeah, Prop 30! After the relentless campaigning by pretty much everyone who was politically active on campus – which is to say, everyone – it passed by a solid seven percent. When it hits, it’s going to raise sales taxes on everyone in the state – yes, that includes all of you hardworking, money-deprived college students – by a quarter of a cent. So regardless of how it costs more than a penny to make one and how limited their utility actually is, it’s imperative that we keep it. After all, we can’t go around saying that sales tax has gone up by one-twentieth of a nickel, can we? It’s just more catchy the way it is.

Image source: Louis under Creative Commons

Cincinnati Reds'blog said:

http://www.mynflgjerseys.usTampa Bay Buccaneers’blog

Seattle Mariners'blog said:
Nov 30, 2012 at 12:16 am

Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say that you’ve done a great job with this. Also, the blog loads super quick for me on Safari. Excellent Blog!

Denver Nuggets'blog said:

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It actually used to be a enjoyment account it. Look complicated to far delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be in contact?

cvrtatpbe said:

Pertaining to Holiday, creating everyone’s identify about the placemat can be enough and it’ll allow friends to create short paperwork to each other so that you can remember fondly the jolly periods they will distributed throughout the winter holiday. For the more lively placemat, feel free to allow it to be right into a sport on Chrismas Eve. Just before eating supper, possess each individual checklist every thing on the record wish and choose what type they believe will be the “night-before-Christmas gift” they’re going to open up right after dinner. Ask them to listing it as a way.
Welcome to buy UGG Boots
qrs

Private Placement Memorandums said:

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand a lot about this, like you wrote the e book in it or something. I believe that you just could do with a few % to pressure the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.