Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 4.21.09 PMWith the end of the semester rapidly approaching, the Clog knows what that means: empty wallets and Ramen noodle filled days. But, no fear, here is one way to get some quick cash…eBay! Whether its selling your old clothes, text books, or your soul — if you’re really desperate — eBay is a great platform to rake in some extra dough. Here’s why:

It’s is an international website, and serves many countries all over the world. Buyers and sellers use this platform to communicate with one another, and most importantly, to buy and sell goods from and to one another. It can be a great tool if you want to clean out your closet or tidy up your dorm room by unloading a bunch of semester-old textbooks or out-of-season clothes. Cashing in on the resale of those expensive books can be a much more economically feasible option than trekking to the campus bookstore where you can expect to receive pennies on the dollar for that pricey textbook.

Buyers and sellers exchange feedback with one another through eBay, in an attempt to keep the platform fair and honest, and so that both buyers and sellers know what they are in store for if they endeavor to conduct business with each other. Every time you complete a transaction, whether you are the purchaser or the purchasee, you are allowed to rate your experience. As a buyer, you are allowed to rate your experience based on a scale of 1 to 5 stars in four categories. These categories are: the fairness of the shipping price, the time it took for you to receive your item, the accuracy with which the item was described insofar as matching its true condition, and the level of communication between the seller and you.

As a seller, you typically can only rate a buyer as “good” if they pay; negative feedback rarely is given because a seller must report a problem with a buyer to eBay. Negative feedback on the buyer’s end is recorded onto the buyer’s record and can affect the ease with which they can transact purchases in the future.

eBay is chock full of good deals and finds such as used designer clothing. Most students are simply incapable of being highly fashionable given their meager disposable income, so a site like Ebay is very useful in identifying cool styles that can be purchased for a fraction of the cost.

As a site, we give eBay 5 out of 5 stars.

Image source: brianc under Creative Commons

Posted in: Sandbox
Tags:
Comments (3)
Print This Post Print This Post

Wikins said:

Woah! I’m genuinely digging typically the template/theme of this web page. It’s simple, yet still effective. More often than not it’s hard get that “perfect balance” amongst superb usability and even visual appearance. I must say that you’ve undertaken a fantastic job on this. In addition, your web site loads very quick in my position on Internet explorer. Excellent Webpage!

bucuresti said:

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told was a entertainment account it. Look advanced to more delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how could we be in contact?

online bisnis, internet business, investment, online investment, money , uang, duit said:

Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I were tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vivid transparent concept