Name: Pocket
Platform(s): iOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox
Price: Free
Mission: Save online articles (and other media) to read later

College students are busy, probably more so than most people. We don’t have much free time between trying not to fall behind in our studies and perhaps working a bit to help relieve our crushing debt. A lot of us like to read but often don’t have the time. But if you happen to find some free time in your day (perhaps on the toliet), Pocket can have the online articles you’ve been meaning to read lined up and ready to go.

What makes Pocket a breeze to use is the browser extension for Firefox or Chrome. The app makes it effortless to save online content to read when ever you have a spare moment. When you see an article you would like to read later, just hit the Pocket button on your browser, and the article will be sent to the Pocket app your phone. It reformats your articles to show only the article itself using a simple black font that is easy on the eyes. And if you prefer reading in this clutter-free environment, you can do it on your computer as well with Pocket’s Web app.

The app also makes it extremely easy to organize your articles. You can make tags of your choosing to put your articles into categories. You can also simply search for certain keywords or websites. And once you’ve read an article, you can mark it “read,” and it will be archived so it’s not causing clutter (but you can pull it up again later if you need it).

This alone is more than enough features. But if you’re the power-user type, Pocket is integrated with more than 323 apps. Some of the big names the app is integrated with include Twitter, Evernote and Flipboard.
Pocket makes catching up on your reading easy and elegant. It’s free and is waiting for you whenever you have a moment.

Image source: NS Newsflash under Creative Commons