This Sunday will see the San Francisco 49ers pitted against the Baltimore Ravens, so whether you’re a football fan or not, you may want to come out and support our neighbors. San Francisco’s close enough to adopt for cheerleading, right? We’ve scoped out some places around Berkeley you can camp out, cheer for a team you care at least marginally about and — most importantly — scarf down food for hours.

49ers

Pappy’s Grill and Sports Bar. Right here on Telegraph Avenue, it’s an obvious choice for sports viewing. Lots of space, large screens and good ‘ol American/bar food will make for a good football Sunday.

Kip’s Restaurant. Head down Durant for another college bar if you didn’t like Pappy’s. Order pizza, burgers and more while you watch.

Café Durant. If you’re in the mood for Mexican food instead of American, stop by Café Durant. There’s also balcony seating outside if for some reason you need a break. (Especially from the overflow of excessive commercials.)

Brennan’s Bar. For an old-fashioned sports bar complete with darts and hot plates, there’s Brennan’s on University Avenue. Old style with new flatscreens, what could be better?

Bec’s Bar and Bistro. Offering more than just burgers and wings, this restaurant also has seafood and flatbreads to snack on.

La Val’s. Not a place one would immediately think of, but once again there are TV screens and awesome game food like pizza and sandwiches.

Pyramid Alehouse. Farther from the university campus than our other suggestions, it may be a nice (relative) getaway from school stress.

Sliver Pizzeria. Not only is this Cheeseboard’s less geographically challenged brother/sister/cousin joint, it’s got Super Bowl Sunday deals. Get $5 Bloody Marys and $2 Pabst while kicking back as the 49ers play on three different flat-screens.

A friend’s apartment or dorm. Commandeer a friend’s place if you’ve run out of options! Grab some food and congregate. If you live in or know someone who lives in the dorms, there are always viewing programs with food in the TV lounges.

Image source: twofordssearchin under Creative Commons