Vagina MonologuesBeen anywhere near Sproul these past couple of weeks? Even if you managed to avoid it like a trained ninja, everyone’s favorite word has still been hollered loud enough to hear from practically anywhere on campus. We know you’re all thinking of it. That’s right … vagina!

Continuing itsannual tradition, the student group V-Day is putting on a production of Eve Ensler’s The Vagina Monologues to raise money to help end violence against women. So what is your favorite method of advertising? We tucked a few away that stood out to us.

1. Gimme a V! Gimme an A! Gimme a G! You get the picture. Just in case you didn’t already know how to spell the biological term for lady part, V-Day took the time to remind you. Not just one, not just two, but there are at least five girls always on Sproul to help you win that upcoming integrative biology spelling bee.

2. I love vaginas! Whether this was being used literally or just to represent a love for women, we’re glad to know there exists such passion for the female form. Besides, it takes real guts to repeatedly proclaim that in public and with shirts that echo the sentiment.

3. Do you love vaginas? They love them, now prove you do too. Sometimes said in conjunction with the former exclamation and sometimes a standalone, you can once again choose how to interpret it. Symbolically, perversely, whatever you want. Just agree and take a flier.

4. Help end violence against women? Apart from the performance’s title, we fully admit they don’t always go around just yelling about vaginas. And how can you say you don’t want to help save lives? You’d look like a pretty big douchebag brushing them off with a “No, thanks.” Once again, take a flier and at least say you’ll think about it.

In all seriousness, though, it’s a worthy cause. We applaud everyone putting themselves way out there to raise awareness and get people to watch the show. They’ve at least made you curious, right? So check it out this Thursday, Friday or Saturday, and find out what all the fuss is about.

Image source: Erum Khan, The Daily Californian 

Kaila said:
Feb 5, 2013 at 10:35 pm

You will not regret seeing the Vagina Monologues.