Coming to theaters the Berkeley Student Food Collective near you.

vegetables

Starved college students come hither. It’s about that time to ditch the ramen noodles, Easy Mac and microwavable dinners for … fruits and veggies? The Berkeley Student Food Collective is introducing a specialized Box fully packed with super fresh and organic assortment of vegetables and fruits for $15 per week.

So what’s the business about The Box? BSFC has this neat idea of providing students with a week’s worth of great produce to students for $15/week or $60 per month. Convenient location for picking up the food makes it way simpler for people like us at the Clog who struggle to find time to go grocery shopping and thus, have healthy to decent food to eat. Also it’s all about supporting local farms and businesses, which we know is the super cool thing to do.

Each box comes with the produce and several recipes you can try. Preparation suggestions are also included so if you have some random vegetable you never existed, like the swiss chard to your right, then you’ll probably be grateful for the preparation suggestion. I mean, it’s a funky looking vegetable, not going to lie.

The Clog thinks we all, as college students, can really appreciate any opportunity to include healthy, natural stuff into our diets rather than going weekly to the Asian Ghetto for your usual Gypsy’s Godfather’s Favorite with a side of King Pin donut holes. Yes, you might be an excellent customer to King Pin and always nab the freshest donuts because the guy likes you — but you ain’t doin’ service to your body.

Cheers to future healthy and delicious cooking!

Image sources: AndyRobertsPhotos under Creative Commons