crazy yogurtland dealsss

College students are hungry. They are also very likely on a budget. Put in a pinch of local restaurants trying out some marketing strategies and VOILA, a symbiotic relationship is born. Take Monday afternoon for example. It was a blustery and chilly time of day when classes were beginning to wind down for the evening. Pedestrians trying to walk down Bancroft Avenue were met with a swarm of chatty students congregated in a messy line in front of Yogurtland. A couple eavesdropped conversations later, it was ascertained that they were giving out free yogurt. One day only!

Those words just seem to stick in people’s minds, for good reason too! After all, how could you decline free food? And one day only? Missing it could be a crime! It’s a foolproof plan, especially when the froyo business around here is highly competitive. Yogurtland puts on a similar deal every semester, which gets hungry students through their doors … and overflowing out onto the sidewalks.

This pedestrian traffic issue was a bit of an annoyance for many. Somber students finally getting off class just ecstatic to finally go home and take it easy had to fight the froyo mob tooth and nail. Well, we do enjoy a hyperbole, but the line — if you could call it that — of froyo patrons did prove to be an nuisance. Yogurtland was happy: they were giving out free yogurt out of the goodness of their own heart (and future business). The customers were happy: they were getting free yogurt! A frozen meal on a freezing day. But hey, we all make concessions for free food. But do you know whose happiness was left out of that equation? Those poor innocent pedestrians!

Free food deals don’t exist in a vacuum, Yogurtland. THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS.

(A note: we wish there was a font for silly sarcasm, it would be entirely appropriate here. Don’t take this the wrong way Yogurtland, we still love you.)

Image source: Hailey Simpson, The Daily Californian

Posted in: Sandbox
Tags:,
Comments (0)
Print This Post Print This Post