Hardly Strictly was crowded last year. It's going to be crowded again this year. Come on, it's free. Deal with it.
A weekly series on how to have an amazing weekend when you have no money (we’re telling you, it is possible).
The Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival returns in its 10th glorious iteration to Golden Gate Park all weekend! Check out SFist’s guide on who to see. Tonight, the Del Sol String Quartet brings their contemporary arrangements to the Berkeley Art Museum as part of their [email protected] series (free w/ a Cal ID). Also, Train is going to be at the Greek (for tips on how to see the show for free – okay, fine, you don’t really see anything this way but you can hear everything – check out the last Weekend Free-view).
Also, believe it or not, a 24-hour Facebook hackathon is taking place in Soda Hall’s Wozniak Lounge, read more »
Halloween is coming up on Wednesday, and we figure you’ve got the costume situation all sorted out already. You’ve also hit up the weekend’s parties, and now you have to brave a Castro-party-less night in your Chipotle burrito wrap. Being such generous people, we came up with some other ideas to perk up your holiday:
10. Trick-or-treat with the co-opers. We’re serious about this one–it’s actually happening.
9. Don’t watch old seasons of “The X-Files.” Search for real X-type things with fellow alien-obsessed astronomers on top of Campbell Hall.
8. Wait for the Great Pumpkin to show at the oak grove. Find Zachary RunningWolf instead. Offer to “trick-or-treat” for acorns with him.
7. Be a real zombie. Stay up all night and go CRRRAZAAAY.
6. Work on your paper. Everyone knows it’s all about the weekend shindigs anyway.
5. Visit a little shop of horror … for real.
4. Realize that it would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a big bag of mixed candy yourself. Completely break free of your childhood’s sense of fun and adventure. Cry, and pour yourself a drink. Repeat.
3. Go to class in costume. Feel really, really stupid.
2. Go to the Castro anyway. 50 cent got shot nine times. So can you.
1. Give yourself a good fright by not only liking Britney Spears’ new album, but also buying it off iTunes.
Earlier: Top Ten: Your Metaphorical Security Blanket