2587144087_e5c3db73a0

Unfortunately, we’re not talking about a “you’re on FIRE!” happy situation here. There was an actual fire in Unit 2′s Ehrman Hall at about 5 a.m. this morning.

Thankfully there were no serious injuries, although two students went to the hospital for “minor smoke inhalation.” 100 plus students were evacuated, and some rooms are not readily “habitable” at the moment.

They think the fire was started in a trash chute when something was discarded that “ignited debris in the trash room.” Remember folks: if it glows, it goes!

Image source: >>>WonderMike<<< under Creative Commons
2 injured in UC Berkeley Dorm Fire [KCBS]