OK, so technically we don’t cover San Francisco, but that doesn’t mean we can’t round up the top ten of great San Francisco blogs. Apparently, the people at About.com think we’re just that snazzy. Take that, OTR.
Also making the list (and topping it, no less) is our friend SFist, a blog spanning parking calamities all the way to MUNI’s homicidal tendencies.
The Clog recommends checking out No. 3 as well: Eater SF, which is pretty self explanatory. Who doesn’t want to hear about food?
All in all, the Clog throws out hearty congratulations to all, though technically we must be some degree better than these blogs for making a list for a city we don’t even live in. En garde, San Francisco!
Image Source: reverseZeR0 under Creative Commons
Best San Francisco Blogs [About]
Halloween is coming up on Wednesday, and we figure you’ve got the costume situation all sorted out already. You’ve also hit up the weekend’s parties, and now you have to brave a Castro-party-less night in your Chipotle burrito wrap. Being such generous people, we came up with some other ideas to perk up your holiday:
10. Trick-or-treat with the co-opers. We’re serious about this one–it’s actually happening.
9. Don’t watch old seasons of “The X-Files.” Search for real X-type things with fellow alien-obsessed astronomers on top of Campbell Hall.
8. Wait for the Great Pumpkin to show at the oak grove. Find Zachary RunningWolf instead. Offer to “trick-or-treat” for acorns with him.
7. Be a real zombie. Stay up all night and go CRRRAZAAAY.
6. Work on your paper. Everyone knows it’s all about the weekend shindigs anyway.
5. Visit a little shop of horror … for real.
4. Realize that it would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a big bag of mixed candy yourself. Completely break free of your childhood’s sense of fun and adventure. Cry, and pour yourself a drink. Repeat.
3. Go to class in costume. Feel really, really stupid.
2. Go to the Castro anyway. 50 cent got shot nine times. So can you.
1. Give yourself a good fright by not only liking Britney Spears’ new album, but also buying it off iTunes.
Earlier: Top Ten: Your Metaphorical Security Blanket
With the crime that recently worried students and sent the LJ Community into a bigger frenzy than an earthquake might, we decided it was time to take matters into our own hands. We know you’re too proud to use BearWALK, so we came up with the top ten suggestions for ensuring your personal safety.
Note: You should know by now to not take us so seriously.
10. Fire arms. No, literally: Set your arms ablaze and brandish boldly.
9. Grab Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak. Or, better yet, get over the series and just chuck your fat tome at any attacker. Also, the epilogue sucked. There, we said it.
8. Carry around your hookah ’cause, hey, everyone likes the guy with the hookah.
7. Call the ASUC to do something about it.
6. Tote your own taser.
5. Join Student Action–get it DONE.
4. Put your trust in the university. Student No. 16273637, we have your utmost security in mind.
3. Live in Oakland.
2. Let the university believe it needs to protect you from raging football fans. Carry around a ten-foot fence wherever you go.
1. Pass out flyers. Watch your supposed assailant whip out an iPod, a cell phone and sunglasses in one second flat.
Earlier: UCPD E-mails Students About Recent Crime