BTW, we’re coming to the point of the year where all the sports are slowly coming to an end. It really wouldn’t have been a problem if a) the baseball team made the NCAA tournament, b) the softball team got back to the College World Series and c) football was a year round sport. So without further ado …

*Leading Off…Another Crew Team Fails For National Title*
The men’s crew team failed to repeat as national champs, finishing 26 points behind Washington for the national title.

It sucked that the varsity eight failed to win its race, pretty much derailing any chance for Cal to win the national title.

But overall, the team did well, sending all of its boats to their respective grand finals. No other school did that. The squad also took home three individual titles.

It’s the biggest story of the weekend.

*Track Coach Quits*
Chris Huffins resigned last week, effective after this week’s NCAA championships.

Why he was outed, we really won’t know. But the Chron reports that he left his post among criticisms of his management style.

But what we don’t get is if he has gotten more athletes to regional and NCAA championship meets in the last five years than any other coach in more than a decade, why would anyone care about his management style? He’s been successful.

*Women’s Tennis Coach Retires*
Jan Brogan leaves Cal after almost three decades of coaching.

But why? She just got the Bears to the NCAA semis. Just one more step and she’ll have a team championship, something that has eluded her for 29 years.

*Golden Bears*
_1) John Mann – men’s water polo_
The Heisman Trophy of water polo is named after the winningest coach in Cal history, Pete Cutino. No Bears player has ever won the award until now. Good job, John Mann.

_2-4) The Varsity Four, Freshman Four and Freshman Eight – men’s crew_
National champs. ‘Nuff said.

I am now not certain where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or working out more. Thank you for excellent information I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.