This is a police log of an entirely different nature.

Authorities say that Guillermo Robles, 56, was arrested on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter and drunken driving after he allegedly hit and killed Betty Jean Kietzman, 82, while she was crossing Solano Ave at about 10:50 p.m. Sunday.

The Berkeley Police Department investigated the crash but called the California Highway Patrol to respond to the scene to avoid favoritism, according to the police.

We don’t know what to do with this. This is serious. We can’t make fun of this kind of stuff.

Officers administered field-sobriety tests, but the results are not available to the public. Robles was booked and later released after posting bail on Monday.

Robles served for 20 years as a patrol officer and an undercover narcotics officer. He retired in 2001.

Kietzman, the victim of the accident, seemed to be a sprightly and independent woman.

It’s certainly an unfortunate event, and it’s certainly no good for the BPD, despite Robles being retired.

Just a few months ago, BPD had some personnel problems involving drunken off-duty firearm discharge. Right now, the department needs some very good PR.

Preferably a charity event that does not involve alcohol consumption.

Ex-officer booked in connection with pedestrian’s death [SF Chronicle]
Retired Berkeley Police Officer Arrested After Fatal Accident [Daily Cal]

reverse lookup said:

Some really choice content on this internet site , saved to favorites .

Good site! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!