This is it. This is probably going to be the last WWCS—well, until all the Cal sports start up again in the fall. Like we said last week, it wouldn’t be a problem if the baseball team was in the NCAA tourney (and the College World Series) or if football was a year-round sport. But it was fun. The WWCS will see you in August.

*Leading Off … Pure Dominance*
Let’s just put Alysia Johnson in the Cal Hall of Fame already. Add the NCAA Outdoor championship in the 800 meter to her list of accomplishments. Add to that the fact that Johnson ran the 800 under two minutes! No other Bears athlete has done that.

But Johnson wasn’t the only Cal athlete to take hardware away from Sacramento this weekend. Kelechi Anyanwu took the women’s discus title as well, propelling the Bears women’s team to an eighth place finish at the NCAAs.

The men? Well, they finished 65th.

*Cal Baseball Gets Stiffed*
Okay, so the baseball team got snubbed from the playoffs, which sucks. But now the four guys whom everyone thought would get drafted didn’t.

Four Bears baseball players—Josh Satin, Alex Rollin, Jordan Karnofsky and Brett Munster—all thought that they’d go somewhere in the 50 rounds that comprised the Major League Baseball draft. But they didn’t.

Sucks for them.

*Ben Braun Has Probably Lost His Mind*
Ben Braun has announced a tentative schedule for the 2007-08 men’s basketball team, and let’s just say nothing really jumps out at us, except a Dec. 1 meeting at home against Mizzou.

Now, why do we mention that game? First, it’s the inaugural match for the Bears in the new Pac-10/Big-12 Series. But that really isn’t the point. The point is that it’s also the same day as The Big Game.

Our question, other than the alums and students who love basketball and don’t like football, who’s going to be in Haas Pavilion to watch Braun’s Bears struggle against the Tigers?

*Golden Bears*
_1) Alysia Johnson – track & field_
National champ.

_2) Kelechi Anyanwu – track & field_
Another national champ.

_3) Jeff Kobernus – baseball_
Freshman All-American.