Look again—that’s not a photograph. That’s a Facebook masterpiece created with the graffiti application. We can’t even draw that well on paper. That cat was done with a mouse!

We knew there were gems of pure artistry out there on the ‘book. Don’t you want to look at pretty pictures with us? Trust us, it’s worth a click.

Jay Tang, from UC Davis, is more than a pretty face. Again, he displays a knack for texture and precise color patterns with his tiger:

And hey! Depth of field!

That’s a mighty sweet frog, you might say. We would agree. Tang shares his skill with the graffiti application on his own site. He makes it look all too easy.

Continuing with the nature motif, there’s Chris Hamner. He’s still in high school, but this youngun can hang with the big boys:

We especially like the motion he’s captured with the water. Plus, what isn’t cool about white tigers jumping into water?

He also amazes us with his black and white (and sorta sepia) rendition:

The background leaves much to be desired, but his water droplets in the foreground make up for that. It feels like an old photograph, right?

Jeff Cattie, from Temple University, has the realism down, but a lot of his work also looks like someone Photoshopped a picture, blurred and blended:

He’s smooth in his black and white, letting his style support the subject of this graffiti. His strokes match up with the pattern of the wood, while the blurred effect indicates polish and shine.

Paul Yan, an alumnus of Cogswell Polytechnical College, is seriously talented in both realism and in duplicating other styles, like cartoon art, pastel work and computer-generated imaging.

Maybe we’re obsessed with the liquid effect, but whose mouth doesn’t water at the sight of this brew?

Oh god. We think we just creamed our jeans. The foam took us over the edge.

See? More bubbles!

Actually, it’s the negative space that strengthens this graffiti–it calls attention to the action and, consequently, the art of making that action look believable.

Let’s not forget our own talented golden bear alumnus, Ian Cheng. He gets points for his blue tones, his style and his humor. His pieces look as if they were hastily sketched and colored, with splotches of color that blend well without the actual blending.

Like so:

Just something about the watery animal eyes grabs ahold of our hearts. Repeat after us: aww!

Remember the humor we mentioned? The Clog is easily won, sodomy jokes included. Aww! Adorable!

Hats off to all the artists. We just wasted two hours looking hundreds of graffiti posts, and now you’ve ruined it for the rest of us. We can’t even make a box look realistic.

Graffiti applicaton [Facebook]

Han L said:
Aug 6, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Hey, I stumbled upon this site while searching for facebook graffiti. interestingly, my former roommate at Cal and I set up a site for our facebook graffiti attempts. it’s at graffitigeeks.wordpress.com if you’d like to check it out.

anyways, how’d you find those graffiti pieces? they are pretty damn amazing. and this blog is such a cool addition to the (already cool) daily cal!

Facebook Graffiti Will Eat Itself | DesignXen said:
Jan 25, 2009 at 2:25 pm

[...] and a frustratingly talented knack for photorealistic representation; you need look no further than here, here, or here. This, whilst being awesome art, and a great platform for displaying it, also has a [...]

Great write-up, I’m normal visitor of one’s blog, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

revista minha dieta said:

Just what are some good Tumblr websites that allow you distribute pictures, to realize far more followers?

jaguarpc said:

hey there and thanks for your information ? I have certainly picked up anything new from proper here. I did then again experience a few technical points the usage of this web site, since I experienced to reload the site many occasions previous to I may get it to load properly. I had been thinking about if your hosting is OK? No longer that I am complaining, however slow loading cases instances will very frequently impact your placement in google and can injury your high quality rating if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much extra of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again soon..

on the beach hotel said:

hey there and thanks in your info ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did alternatively experience a few technical points the use of this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of instances prior to I may just get it to load properly. I have been considering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, however slow loading circumstances instances will sometimes impact your placement in google and could injury your high-quality rating if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this once more very soon..

melissa amazonas said:

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am glad to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I so much indisputably will make sure to don?t forget this website and provides it a look on a continuing basis.

samsung 1080p hdtv said:

I truly appreciate you posting this work. I do look forward to more of this type of content as it is very engaging to read. http://www.samsung1080phdtv.net/

jessica simpson color block shoes said:

obviously like your web-site however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I’ll definitely come again again.

space heaters said:

I wish I had a dime for every bad article I’ve read lately. I also wish other writers had your talent and style. Thank you.