Robert Dynes sent a letter today to the UC Regents announcing his resignation as President of the University of California.

Dynes said that he will step down by June 2008 or until someone else is appointed to take his place. Provost Wyatt Hume will take over as chief operating officer while the search for a new president takes place.

Of course, this puts an end to a somewhat dubious tenure for Dynes as the head of the UC system. Not only were all those student fee increases very unpopular, but the Regents also found that Dynes committed 22 compensation violations.

“As you all know, the University’s methods and policies by which it determined and disclosed compensation of senior management over a period of many years became heavily scrutinized and criticized,” he wrote. “I continue to emphasize that these practices were intended for the good of the institution; the intention was to enable the University to remain competitive in the marketplace for intellectual and administrative talent. Only in a few instances were there insignificant incidences of inappropriate action.”

Dynes said in his letter to the Regents that he was resigning because of changes in his personal life. We wonder how much of this had to with all the trouble he got into in the last couple of years.

UC President Announces Resignation [Daily Cal]
UC President Robert Dynes to resign [SF Gate]

xrumer twittermod said:

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thank you Nonetheless I’m experiencing challenge with ur rss . Don know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone acquiring related rss drawback? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

Chun Piontek said:

Hey!
I’m extremely amusedby your interesting blog Will surely come back to your site again.
God bless google for pointing me here.