As part of the Clog’s continuing quest to keep you from doing your Chem 1A reading, we present a set of mind-explodingly awesome live tracks laid down right here in Berkeley through the years. (Oh, and by the way, we’re in the market for White Stripes tickets, if you can hook us up). First up, Foo Fighters:Foo Fighters, Best of You (Acoustic)Is Grohl singing to a former lover who’s settling for less than she’s worth or to a country that reelected George Bush? You be the judge here.Bob Dylan, Tangled Up in Blue—Aug. 10,1988

The sound quality is far from perfect on this one, but Dylan turns in a surprisingly muscular version of one of the Clog’s favorite songs. And he sure sounds much better than when he played Haas Pavilion a few years back.Spoon, I Summon You—Aug. 12, 2006
 Stupid title, great song.Jimmy (sic) Hendrix, Live at the Berkeley Community Theater
 It’s not from the Greek Theatre, but who cares? It’s Jimi himself. This clip is part one of a concert movie that intersperses his performance with documentary footage, covering what looks like most of his performance from 1970. Take a listen to Johnny B. Goode starting at 8:08 of the first part. Melts your face right off.Foo Fighters – Best Of You. Acoustic Tour, live in Berkeley [YouTube]Bob Dylan – Tangled up in Blue – Berkeley 1988 [YouTube]Spoon live in Berkeley – I Summon You – 8/12/2006 [YouTube]Jimi Hendrix Live at Berkeley pt. 1 [YouTube]

spelling nazi said:

Jimi Hendrix, not Jimmy Hendrix.

That is all.

Miguel said:

Nice post! Get some Grateful Dead on there… They have a ton of shows at the Greek.