Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak is selling his 2005 Nissan 350Z Anniversary Edition as a way to donate money to UC Berkeley’s Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers.Not to be confused with Berkeley Councilmember Gordon Wozniak, Steve originally caught a few minutes of Internet fame with the original commercial, pictured above. In a new spot, filmed about 20 years later, Wozniak Segways to his newer car. The Clog never rode the Woz wave, but we figure his popularity must have been right up there with Gunther’s “Ding Dong Song.”The car was originally priced at a whopping $100K, but the asking price has since been lowered to $49,050. Wozniak promises to make up the extra.He also offers a lunch at his house when the seller comes to pick up the car. In addition to his gastronomical charity, Wozniak explains his charity to UC Berkeley:bq. On a global scale we are seeing America losing it’s competitiveness in engineering and technical skills. That is disappointing. All the profits from this sale will be donated to the IEEE lab at U.C. Berkeley for education and equipment.Cool enough, but must we have Weird Al’s “White and Nerdy” play over shots of the silver sleek automoible rounding a bend in the road? We think we got the point in the first four seconds with the Segway.The Woz Sells Nissan for UC Berkeley IEEE Lab [92510]

Doolin said:
Jun 14, 2009 at 3:16 pm

haha