A new movie titled “Berkeley” opened Friday for a limited theatrical release in Laemmle’s Sunset 5 in West Hollywood and Colorado One in Pasadena.

The movie’s Web site claims that if there is enough of an audience, the movie will have a national release.We sure hope not. We at the Clog are not the movie-reviewing type, but we do know that this movie fits into our general annoyance with people projecting onto Berkeley what they want it to be like.

We know how the upper-middle-class businessman who smoked pot once in his life during their college days likes to fake nostalgia for some revolution they weren’t a part of. We also know how the edgy preteen hipsters like to come to Berkeley on their days off school and buy tie-die and bongs on Telegraph Avenue, later friending the movie on MySpace.But for us elite, Facebook-using, oh-so-different Cloggers, we need none of this trite and formulaic nostalgia.

News [Berkeley: A Bobby Roth Film]Berkeley [MySpace]

Berkeley The Movie Trailer [You Tube]

werwerwegwefewfwe said:

TOTALLY AGREE. IF THAT MOVIE GETS WIDESPREAD RELEASE IT WILL PUT BERKELEY BACK AT LEAST 10 YEARS. DEGREES WILL BE WORTH LESS. THE BULLSHIT STEREOTYPE WILL GO EVEN FURTHER. FUCK.

anon said:

the free speech movement is a stereotype?

anon2 said:

The Free Speech Movement happened in 1964 and if you watched the trailer, the movie is set at least in 1968 when the main character enroll at Cal.

Sure Mario Savio and some of his friends wanted to protest against the war after the FSM, but if you watch “Berkeley in the 60’s,” the Oscar-nominated documentary, you’ll notice that those who participated in the FSM never meant the FSM to mean that students should get involved in the whole “hippie-alternative-lifestyle thing.”

It was meant to be used as a tool for university students, who at the time had no voice in the political process because the voting age was at 21, to actually get a voice. They did this by protesting. But all that hippie shit wasn’t part of the plan.

s said:

hahahahahahaaha soooooo bad. so so so bad.

John Doe said:

absolutely a stereotype… Since when are Berkeley chicks that hot?? Last I checked at the Bear’s Lair my beer goggles were still not cutting it..

dude said:

Synopsis: Henry Winkler reprises his role as the lawyer from “Arrested Development” and dopes his son for the insurance. During his drug-induced coma, Winkler’s son confuses the war in Iraq with the Vietnam War. Later, at the end, Winkler’s son discovers that Bruce Willis was a ghost all along. Winkler then goes to a local restaurant and assists a young redhead with a malfunctioning jukebox.

Seamus said:

Tom Morello? Last time I saw him it was on Star Trek Voyager.

“The new groups are not concerned
With what there is to be learned
They got Burton suits, ha you think it’s funny
Turning rebellion into money”

— White Man in Hammersmith Palais

backlinks said:
May 16, 2011 at 6:48 am

That is the fitting blog for anyone who desires to seek out out about this topic. You realize so much its nearly exhausting to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, simply nice!

xrchat-phplinkdirectory said:

A high level woman you ought to have a single body appearance. Is going to be most outstanding construct, adult will require the customer via your self confidence and girls do imagine drawn to because of your captivating looks. Albeit numerous males desirable to generate an extremely complete a lot are surely all set to might dozens of vexing physical trainings was needed to grow their lean muscle mass. These grownup is usually hugely willing to fully grasp that the following is straight can certainly have muscle and strength merely by swallowing an outstanding application identified Huge Muscle mass mass Contractor.

Mika Dellaripa said:

Hi!
I’m very fascinatedby your interesting site Will definitely come back to your blog again.
Lord bless yahoo for pointing me here.