The Trojans trumped the Golden Bears for the fourth consecutive year in less than ideal conditions at Memorial Stadium last night. The game closed at 24-17.

Coach Jeff Tedford once again proved incapable of subbing in Kevin Riley for consistent-at-being-inconsistent quarterback Nate Longshore. Nate-Nate threw several befuddling passes, including an interception in the fourth quarter that all but sealed the game. Recurring trend anyone (think UCLA, ASU)? The Clog, for one, would like to see Nate-Nate start his Mormon mission sooner rather than later.

The non-stop rain drenched the playing field, as well as everyone who was in attendance. Players were slipping all over the turf in the first quarter as they attempted to adjust to the poor conditions. The student section stuck it out to the bitter end, but the Clog did notice an unusually large number of empty seats after halftime—shame on you, alumni.

The Clog even found disappointment on the sidelines with the USC Song Girls. Instead of their normally highly entertaining performances in short skirts, the Song Girls looked comical at best, prancing on the sidelines in ponchos. (That could actually pass as a picture of them.) No word yet if one of the Song Girls was caught cheering following Lavelle Hawkins’ redonkulous touchdown reception.

As far as our Uni Watch goes, we weren’t huge fans of the 1975 throwback uniforms worn in honor of Joe Roth. We did, however, like the helmets, which bore a striking resemblance to those of the Green Bay Packers.

The Clog is also happy to report that fourth quarter Cal Mic Man, Christian “Ian” Villanueva, was back after being the victim of a stabbing incident that put him on the disabled list for the Washington State game. Additionally, the Clog would like to applaud Mic Man Harris Cohn who bowed out gracefully following his last home football game. Harris, you were always our favorite.

Image Source: Jayson Dana, Daily Cal
Longshore’s Late Pick Drops Cal Once Again [Daily Cal]

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing in your rss feed and I hope you write once more soon!

carpinteyrozfp said:

Today, roughly in which vinyl advertising pens are involved more than 90% have their beginnings within the Far East and there is no sign of every considerable move again on the way to traditional western companies. Costs are rising out of China and taiwan however they are nonetheless substantially less expensive than western constructed dog pens. The effects for european dog pen producers may be damaging http://www.montblancpenstock.com/montblanc-geta-garbo-fountain-pen.html many acquainted companies include gone away within The european countries in addition to America throughout the last number of years, never to returning for the reason that skill foundation with regard to moulding promtional branded pens in addition has faded.