At noon today, local Obama supporters held an Obamarama on Upper Sproul Plaza. A group of students carrying a long banner marched through Sather Gate to Sproul steps chanting and pleading, “Come join us! Join us!”

We followed, observing a polite distance. The Obama crew had professional sign twirlers, designated by their almost-offensive red jerseys. We assume the basketball-style jerseys were meant to cry out “We are cool!” We just wondered why people would sign up for this kind of embarrassment.

We didn’t pay much attention to the rally, though we were dismayed to see no Ron Paul supporters joining the Hillary camp holding up their signs in opposition. The Hillary groupies certainly couldn’t rival the Obama twirlers on their own.

Then again, should you really be attracted to a campaign that hinges on professional sign twirlers? Is that really what these politicos think the 18-24 crowd goes for?

Hey ladies

The students are unimpressed.

Image Source: Christine Borden

Sign Twirlers said:

The red shirts are designed to get attention, we also where neon orange shirts at times.

As to “why people would sign up for this kind of embarrassment”, I can easily answer. Working 3 hours a day, I earn enough to pay my rent, bills, keep my WoW account active, and take my GF out on occasion. Any further questions? ;-)

Bob 2.0 said:

Yes.

Don’t fucking wear red on this campus, or someone will eventually rip your heart out and feed it to you.

Cool?