800px-south-bend-college-football-hall-of-fame-blocking.jpg Remember the bizarre story about Stanford University reject, Azia Kim? She spent 8 months convincing everyone she was a student at the Palo Alto campus before being busted by their housing department last May. The incident sparked an online sensation among college kids nationwide–especially here at UC Berkeley. Many students even wondered if such brazen trickery occurs on our own campus. Fortunately, the Clog now has an answer: “Yes, it does occur. Kind of. Almost.”

Meet Kevin Hart, an offensive lineman from Nevada who told his hometown reporters that Jeff Tedford wanted him bad. To put it briefly, people didn’t believe it and eventually revealed Hart’s recruitment story to be a complete fabrication by Hart himself (though he initially said someone probably conned him.)

You may be tempted to call him the Azia Kim of Cal athletics, but his con only lasted a few days. To mention both impostors in the same breath would totally dishonor Kim’s impressive 8-month stint, especially since Hart’s plan was condemned to failure the moment he made the absurd claim.

But this doesn’t have to be the end of the non-recruit’s desperate Pac-10 dreams. If he can hold his own on the basketball court like he does on the football field, then perhaps he’ll be willing to scrimmage with the ladies. Jeff Tedford may not want the guy, but the Cal women’s basketball team desperately needs male practice players to help their women get better at the sport!

We know–this is Berkeley and most of us are trained to think, “OMG gender inequity! Sexism! Etc.” Superficially, it may seem that way–but it works. And what’s better than men (and possible NCAA rejects, according to one YouTube commenter) swallowing their pride to help the fellow female athlete?

Seriously, Kevin Hart. Think about it.

Image Source: Tysto under the Creative Commons license
Off Base [Daily Cal]
Would-be recruit admits scholarship hoax [MSNBC]
Male Practice Players Wanted to Compete Against #10 Cal Women’s Basketball [Cal athletics]
Men Playing Women’s Basketball? [CBS]

stephen e hansen said:

dude this is awesome! did he go to prison?!

obviously like your website however you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I will certainly come again again.

bike roof racks said:

High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation. …

I think this is among the most significant info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers…