dsc_0088-1.JPG

We hate to beat a dead horse (or a dead cause, as the case may be) but so long as people keep doing new stupid things, we’ll keep writing about them. As luck would have it, Friday was the culmination of a week’s worth of stup–er–Code Pink! (By the way, we officially recognize that we, like “The Daily Show“, are taking kind of a cheap shot here, but cut us some slack–we don’t have a whole country’s worth of idiocy to work with.)

Not even Jon Stewart could stop this indomitable bunch, and in honor of the fifth anniversary of the beginning of the war in Iraq they stepped up their game and set up a “green zone” outside the Marine recruiting center. Code Pink camped out last Sunday and bombarded the oppressors with Yoga, pot luck lunches, house plants, and eco-documentaries with what we’re assuming was eco-friendly popcorn. And yet, somehow, they still managed to get themselves arrested before the week was up.

On Friday afternoon, after a little scuffle with the Po Po, two women were cited for crossing the line and having themselves a little impromptu sit-in. Like “Degrassi,” they went there, and were taken downtown for apparently blocking foot traffic. Now that’s blind dedication to a dubious cause the likes of which we haven’t seen since Michael Schuck–well, minus his whole “avoid arrest at all costs” bit, anyway. But hey, no harm no foul, right?

Image Source: Patrici Flores
Earlier: Hey Hey, Ho Ho: The MRC Protest Saga Continues
Earlier: ‘The Daily Show’ Makes Fun of Code Pink, Students Wonder How They Missed Rob Riggle
Code Pink protests Berkeley Marines, Iraq War [SFGate]
Two Arrested in Protest at Marine Recruiting Center [Daily Cal]
Earlier: And Just Like That, He’s Gone